AC On With Floor/Defrost and Defrost

jschildm

Reaction score
I noticed the other day that when I shut my truck off it sounded like the AC had been running even though the it was floor/defrost setting. I got to doing a little more homework on it and the AC runs when it is on the floor/defrost and defrost settings (as well as normal and max AC). I am assuming that is likely either a vacuum pump problem or a vacuum leak. Has anyone had a similar issue?

abbottfarms

Reaction score
All my ford's have always run the AC when on defrost and floor defrost, in order to keep the fog/condensation off the windshield. So if your saying that that your ac comes on when you have it in defrost or floor defrost mode, I'd say things are working as they should...

Reaction score
That's how they designed the system (many vehicles are like that). If fact the only vehicle I have that's not that way is my 94 Civic which allows me to have it in Defrost with either AC on or off (all others AC is on). Cheers!

jschildm

Reaction score
Interesting .... I guess I never new that. Now I guess the only difference is that it made noise when I shut it off. Would that indicate a leak somewhere?

Latest posts

Members online