Actual gains with 6.0 manifolds

Rubenk

Reaction score
I'm about to go cab-up, and everyone swears by their 6.0 manifolds and custom up-pipes.

Aside from the reliablity, has anyone actually proven performance differences between the two? I know they have been flowbenched side by side and the 6.4 flowed better in that scenario, but its hard to translate that into actual performance.

I'm tempted to just go quality 6.4 up-pipes.

sootie

Reaction score
personally, i did them because i was sick of cracking the stock 6.4 uppipes, 6.0 manifolds sound better and from a design perspective, having the elbow cast into the part is a far smoother transition than the typically sharp radius.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
do the bd manifolds with up pipes and be done ! $899 and work better and probably last forvever. let me know if I can help if you like the idea.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Work better in what way?

flow better than 6.0 manifolds. use 6.0 manifold cast technology with the 90* turn built in , and include 304 stainless up pipes with bellows. ive sold a few sets already with happy customers and the trend will continue. I believe I was one of the first to run 6.0 manifolds on a 6.4 so I understand the reasoning, and with better flow its a no brainer for $899 shipped.

Rubenk

Reaction score
flow better than 6.0 manifolds. use 6.0 manifold cast technology with the 90* turn built in , and include 304 stainless up pipes with bellows. ive sold a few sets already with happy customers and the trend will continue. I believe I was one of the first to run 6.0 manifolds on a 6.4 so I understand the reasoning, and with better flow its a no brainer for $899 shipped.

Thanks for the input. Is there any actual data on them flowing better?

DWhite

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the inside of the 6.4 manifolds. It is choked down.
I didn't take a picture of the inside of my BD manifolds but they are not choked down like this. So the flow is way better. As for actual testing and data to prove they flow better, I'm not sure I've seen any but you can tell by looking at them and the inside and see they are choked down.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2982&page=3

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.