Actually have to do a brake job. Are there any good aftermarket brake pads and rotors

6.4f350

Reaction score
I wouldn't be too keen on reducing rotor mass and surface area on a 4 ton vehicle that may have much more weight than that behind it.

N2GN2

Reaction score
+1 EBC pads. I have green on two powerstrokes, but next time it'll be yellows.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I've got the EBC pads & rotors on my truck now and they work well.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I went with the cryo, slotted rotors and matching pads on my '04 all the way around and they were garbage. I had a grand in brakes that warped and were no better than stock. I ended up getting new rotors and pads from the dealership parts counter and had great luck. I just hate to see someone spend big money when they may not like the results.

sootie

Reaction score
Don't even consider ceramic. They are too hard and heat up way to much. I did them on and excursion once and there was times it actually loat brakes completely from glazing over

Snake

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I went with the cryo, slotted rotors and matching pads on my '04 all the way around and they were garbage. I had a grand in brakes that warped and were no better than stock. I ended up getting new rotors and pads from the dealership parts counter and had great luck. I just hate to see someone spend big money when they may not like the results.

Which brand of slotted rotors? There's definitely some junk out there.

Snake

Reaction score
Im going to try there slotted and drilled. For both fronts and rears. Ill monitor them closely i average a 1000 miles a month so ill check them before i leave each time

Do some more research before you go with drilled rotors. I'm willing to bet that you'll change your mind.

Jomax

Reaction score
Don't even consider ceramic. They are too hard and heat up way to much. I did them on and excursion once and there was times it actually loat brakes completely from glazing over

X2 ceramics should stay on small cars. Big no no on big vehicles. they suck at braking really. Semi metallic or carbon metallic for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

97stoker350

Reaction score
Drilling a rotor compromises the integrity of the rotor. I would stay away from that on these large vehicles fwiw. My 6.4 had 90k before I had to put new on. They were factory stuff so if ur looking for longevity I'd go with oem

dsberman94

Reaction score
Actually have to do a brake job. Are there any good aftermarket brake pads an...

Hell even part store rotors aren't bad on a truck that's just a DD. I don't have issues unless a caliper freezes and I pretty much just DD this truck. Never tow, just haul what fits in what's left of my box.

Fwiw I've seen drilled rotors play connect the dots with cracks on some auto crossed cars like subaru stis and mitsu evos.

Jomax

Reaction score
I've had good luck with the Bosch rotors from Oriellys. Best auto parts store rotors I have found

They also carry the carbon metallic pads. Very good pad for towing. They brake way better then any I've tried. And you can't beat lifetime warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.