Adding aux input to factory Ford radio?

F357

Reaction score
I bought an 04 F350 a few days ago, just a basic single cab work truck. It's got the OEM Ford radio, no tape or CD. I can't listen to FM radio! I found this company that modifies the stock radio with an aux input for $55 plus shipping:
http://factoryradioservice.com/ford-amfm-radio-with-aux-p-187.html

I would love to do that, but the stock radio isn't worth investing $55 plus shipping. Does anybody know where the wires hook up inside? I can solder myself...:naughty:

F357

Reaction score
Just buy a cheap new $60 one from walmart with an aux input.
I do not want some POS radio with blue lights light you find in a little girl's Honda. Nor do I want to spend $60 if all I have to do is solder two wires...

ghohouston

Reaction score
Those P.O.S. radios usually outlast the stockers, and have a lot more options. They don't all have blue lights, shop around a bit.

slightlymodded

Reaction score
I do not want some POS radio with blue lights light you find in a little girl's Honda. Nor do I want to spend $60 if all I have to do is solder two wires...

I kept my factory head unit in my 06. Bought the ford trip tunes adapter for $45 on ebay. The atenna plugs into the box, and the box has another antenna plug to plug back into the radio, then you have to hook the box up to power and ground (i used the extra plug that sits with the power outlet) and then you just mount the aux connection, save the station 88.3 fm on your radio, click on 88.3, turn the switch on, plug the aux cord in and there you go. I use it alot and it sounds clear.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-FORD-OE...ACK-/290665795495?hash=item43ad080fa7&vxp=mtr

hope this helped

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.