Adding stock exhaust brake switch

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2016 6.7 c&c and I seen some of these come with a controller to turn on and off the exhaust brake right next to the 12v power source on the driver side. My question is, is the wiring already there so if I bought the switch I could just plug it in? Already missing having one and I dont even have 1k miles on the truck yet,thanks in advance.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
If it's not available, maybe see if someone can tune it to have some sort of braking. You could keep the truck completely stock and just see if someone would adjust the shifting and vane positioning.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
If it's not available, maybe see if someone can tune it to have some sort of braking. You could keep the truck completely stock and just see if someone would adjust the shifting and vane positioning.

I've been told it can be put into your tow tune if you wanna go that route. I'm thinking bout that now, sinceI have a reliable turbo installed....

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
So if its not an option for the c&c i doubt the wiring would be there, Ill have to pop it off and check. As for tuning its my family companies truck so I have to keep everything under warranty for awhile unfortunately.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
I would think you would be ok with some transmission and turbo tuning as long as you don't have the fuel or emissions altered. Obviously tuning is messing around, but what you are looking to do is not what usually is an issue.

Magnetic 2016 f250

Reaction score
I think I remember seeing the exhaust brake was enabled automatically when the tow haul mode was enabled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.