Adding supplemental heat

Stroked777

Reaction score
I'm gunna follow this. My window sticker says I have it but I could never tell. Didn't seem to blow warmer to me. Unless a fuse is blown

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
look on your passenger side battery. there'll be a large red cable with a 150 amp fusible link inline.

it doesn't make instant heat or anything, but it definitely helps get things warmer quicker

it's just a small space heater in the HVAC box. it would be a HUGE job to add it I would guess

Stroked777

Reaction score
Ok I know I got that 150 fuse. Thanks for that. Sorry for the derail. To me it seems like it doesn't warm it up to much. I guess I would have to do a side by side test with a similar truck to mine in the witer that doesn't have it

f350guy

Reaction score
It seems to work best to me if using the blower fan on lower speeds (similar to A/C producing cooler air on the lowest fan setting). Lowest temperatures I see are maybe mid 20°F area with the occasional dip into the low teens, so not super low but hey it still helps. So does a grill cover.

The air coming out is not hot, maybe tepid would be a good description?

Stroked777

Reaction score
I usually stuff a piece of cardboard between the rad and IC. Sorry for the derailing lol as far as the topic I'm not sure how involved it is taking the heater box out. Never done it before but I know on a mini can we had in the shop one day it involved taking out the entire dash all the way up to the firewall.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
It seems to work best to me if using the blower fan on lower speeds (similar to A/C producing cooler air on the lowest fan setting). Lowest temperatures I see are maybe mid 20°F area with the occasional dip into the low teens, so not super low but hey it still helps. So does a grill cover.

The air coming out is not hot, maybe tepid would be a good description?

agree, my reg cab has it, and I just put floor/defrost on lowest fan setting and while it isn't warm, it's obviously warmer/quicker than my other trucks in the winter

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
I usually stuff a piece of cardboard between the rad and IC. Sorry for the derailing lol as far as the topic I'm not sure how involved it is taking the heater box out. Never done it before but I know on a mini can we had in the shop one day it involved taking out the entire dash all the way up to the firewall.

It's all good!
I figured it would be quite the task. I didn't know it would require such high amperage. Maybe I'll just let it warm up longer. Lol
I just drive a pretty short distance to work and don't have access to a cord for my block heater.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Did you truck not come with one? Pretty easy to install. Or you mean you have no mean to get power to it? In my apartment complex I have no way to run a extension cord to it. It was nice at WyoTech that they had parking for diesels to plug in during the winter

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
Did you truck not come with one? Pretty easy to install. Or you mean you have no mean to get power to it? In my apartment complex I have no way to run a extension cord to it. It was nice at WyoTech that they had parking for diesels to plug in during the winter

The truck didn't come with rapid heat. Like yourself I don't have a way to run power to it. Which sucks because last heat we hit -30 a few times.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.