Adjustable track bar

higherlife

Reaction score
So I'm finally getting all the parts together to put my wheels and tires on. I went with an icon 7" w/ duel steering stabilizer and adjustable track bar.

So my question is, do I need to set the track bar to a certain length for the lift? It's preset to a certain length, I think I measured 31 1/2". Of course no directions and this is the only thing that had me stumped.

Thanks.

sootie

Reaction score
Yes you do have to set if for a certain length. I'm not sure what it is though

Notneb

Reaction score
If all else fails, see where the axle sits at the length it's set to now, and just adjust it in by hand.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
you can always set it after installed and on the ground. measure the distance from like the frame to tire and make it equal on both sides

Reaction score
you can always set it after installed and on the ground. measure the distance from like the frame to tire and make it equal on both sides

This is exactly how we do it. Install the lift and trac bar, then put the truck back down on the floor on the tires on its own weight. Then measure both sides from a fixed point on the frame to the outside of the tire and adjust accordingly. Great thing about that Icon bar is that its double threaded so it can be adjusted with out taking out the bolt.

higherlife

Reaction score
Great. Thanks for the advise. Going to be tackling this lift the following weekend.

Layson

Reaction score
Give Dave or Jared a call with OUO and talk to them if you have any questions. They can also send you to someone who has one...

TrickTruck

Reaction score
and be sure you torque that puppy to the factory spec. You will not be able to do this w/ a normal torque wrench as it's a very high torque setting.

Latest posts

Members online