Advice needed/appreciated

RyanD

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Would love to hear y'alls input/thoughts on what I should do:

Picked up a '13 Lariat CCSB last June, certified, 49K miles. To my own terrible judgement, I bought a 6.7 that is so far beyond a mall walker it's embarrassing. I typically just drive 12 miles round trip to/from work, haul kids and groceries, and other squarely pedestrian activities. But, I fu**ing love this truck. I have a warranty to 100K miles, which at my current pace will take another 4 years to even get to.

That said, I immediately started buying up stuff in anticipation of the future. Traded some stuff for a Mini Maxx, bought/installed AFE cold air intake, did Amp steps, swapped the ranchos for Bilstein 5100s, etc. When I was running the wiring for my 40" LED bar to the bumper, I noticed the radiator had the famous leak at the left "crimp". That, and I just recently got a recall for a computer flash to address something with the exhaust, which brings me to my current situation:

I got the Mini Maxx because I was spooked that when I got ready to delete, I wouldn't be able to. So I may be the only member here with one hooked up solely as a gauge. A really expensive one at that. And, because I want this truck to last for years, I'm wondering if I should just ditch it and the intake, and buy some parts to help preserve the truck - thinking deep tranny pan, Amsoil lube all around, etc. My attitude towards the deletes this entire time has been simply deleting, not adding any power or running a crazy tune.

I'd also like to lift it and do 35s. Given that I will be taking it to the dealer soon, and I hate sitting on this Mini Maxx when I know someone else could use it, and get me closer to lift/tires/reliability...what do you guys think?

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
I feel you, I love my 6.7 as well. I did delete mine though, and you think you love it now, wait until you delete it. I wanted reliability and Longevity, which I think in stock form you don't have to worry a hole lot about on a 6.7, but I like the noise and letting the truck run like they should if it wasn't for the EPA

RyanD

Reaction score
Thanks man. My _only_ hesitation with deleting is the remaining 47K miles on my warranty. I'm not sure if dealers here in San Antonio are mod-friendly, and I don't want to even ask.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Just delete it. All the best parts for extending the life of the truck can only be installed after deleting. Of course, lack of self control after deleting can shorten the life of certain parts. You only live once, have fun with it. Contact bigrpowr about a Gearhead tune and have them write you a conservative tune so you can't tear things up too bad.

RyanD

Reaction score
Thanks Sterling, but it's just that pesky warranty keeping me from doing so. I've seen guys swap it all back for warranty work, but it seems risky. In my older age, I'm pretty tame on these vehicles, so I'd need a real mild tune. Thanks!!

hunter_.b

Reaction score
I really feel where u are coming from. I had a 2011 that I drove for 3 years always wanting to delete it and just couldn't bring myself to do it. One day I was cruzin the forums and realized ford released the 15 with a better turbo, and like one of the guys said u only live once so I went right out and traded the 11 for a 15 and with 95k miles left on the warranty it is being deleted as we speak.
14c48d61af79c7066022e6f88fc162b1.jpg

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
I deleted my 15 at 10,000 miles and I have 16,000 on it now... I loved my 6.0 I traded in for this truck, I liked my 6.7 when I got it, but now I love it!

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Keep one thing in mind. Even though the 6.7 is leaps and bounds ahead of the 6.4 in emissions on reliability department, the story will still play out the same. Different method of mating the two together, refined control systems. But at the end of the day the same damage is being caused. Might take longer, but it will happen. Average 6.7 needs egr coolers every 30-40k.

Another thing people do not realize is, that once those emissions are gone, The chances of you needing that warranty go down drastically. Given the truck is driven with some degree of normalcy.

I would delete it if i were you.

Latest posts

Members online