Advice Please.

YoungMT Hick

Reaction score
Ok I am kinda stuck with my truck right now. I dont know what to do next. Current setup is what is in the signature. Injectors have to be removed and gone through as i am having alot of stumbling and stiction. So those are first. Hard part is just finding time to have the truck down and be home, as i will be going on deployment here soon. So i will have time to buy parts but wait to install. Dont know whether to work on cosmetics or more performance. What do you think?

YoungMT Hick

Reaction score
Ya ran two bottle through a while ago and just added two with this oil change. The injectors wil get taken out and gone through. Need to make sure they are working correctly Just dont want to pay shop labor and rather do all work myself just need the time. Still trying to figure out what to do next though.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I suggest maybe looking into a better/bigger turbo setup and a transmission (as I don't see that listed in your sig). JMO of course.

Just out of curiosity, whose sticks are you running?? I hear ya on the doing the work yourself and being strapped for time. Best of luck man.

YoungMT Hick

Reaction score
I dont have a transmission yet and I know that i need one but just kinda doing the run it till it breaks idea. Probably not the best. What is the going rate for a street trans? Turbo I am looking at doing a 66mm single. Trying to sell the Pmax to anyone that is interested.

Sticks are an older set of casserly sticks.

OBS F350

Reaction score
I dont have a transmission yet and I know that i need one but just kinda doing the run it till it breaks idea. Probably not the best. What is the going rate for a street trans? Turbo I am looking at doing a 66mm single. Trying to sell the Pmax to anyone that is interested.

Sticks are an older set of casserly sticks.

First off, thank you for your service.

I've been seeing quite a few built 5r's with converters going for right around 4k recently. I'm sure a decent build shouldn't be too far north of 4 or 5k. If/when you decide to go with that 66mm single shoot me a pm on a price for that pmax, I've got a friend who is running 190's and wants to upgrade but doesn't want to go all out.

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
yea i was gonna say ditch the pmax and get a real turbo! second give jessie warren a shout on the tranny. his are in the ball park of all the rest of them and built really well. maybe alittle cheaper cant remember

YoungMT Hick

Reaction score
Ya I think trans will be after deployment. Think i may be pulling the injectors tomorrow to send them off while i am underway for a little while. Anyone have a link to the Ford service manual for replacing injectors. I could probably do it myself but is always nice to have those little note books.

As in a trans build what is all needed. For lets say 700hp. do i need billet everything? What speed TC?

Yes Pmax needs to go but was the viable choice for last minute scrounge up some funds turbo.

Sully

Reaction score
You could always mod the pmax to a 68mm for much less moolah.more money for other things then

Latest posts

Members online