advice

Wes Lewis

Reaction score
got some issues with my dads truck. He's tired of working and throwing parts on it. here's the story, bought the truck about 2 years ago with bad injectors (120k), did the following mods to it,

ARP studs, oem gaskets
egr delete
oil cooler
airaid intake
downpipe
stage 2 injectors (xdp)
powermax turbo
sct with canned tunes
(I never thought it ran quite right but it ran pretty good)

then the truck ran out of fuel and got a miss that no one could figure out. tried
an alternator,
belt tensioner,
batteries,
ICP sensor,
took the chip out,
tried a blue fuel spring (which isnt currently installed)
Airdog II,
and tested the ficm (good) none of which fixed.
found out the fuel spring got kinked and was holding 110psi of pressure which is why it was taken out.
sent the injectors to have flow tested and i dont remember what the results were. but now it has new stage IIs (160 or 180cc 100% nozzles) cant remember exactly. not sure of brand but they came in an Industrial Injection box.

now it has an even worse miss. I heat gunned the manifolds and the front cylinder on the drivers side is cold. so Im thinking its stuck already. so im planning on pulling it and getting a new one.

what do you guys think needs done finish the truck? I was thinking blue spring again, 6.4 banjos, and custom tunes possibly 58v ficm and ficm tune eventually. it needs a clutch of course. anything Im missing? rev-x? Truck tows a 40 ft gooseneck on the weekends.

anyone have any recommendations or tips? I know an AE would help alot but dont have one yet, but its on the list, are they useful? I have never used one

thanks for any help, I just want to get it running right again, he's getting disgusted with it.

was running rotella 15-40
now has castrol 5-40 syn

CCRICE

Reaction score
When it was ran out of fuel were the lines purged? I know when you run these things out of fuel it can suck sediments from the tank and air in the lines... Not insulting intelligence but I'm sure someone was going to ask..

Latest posts

Members online