After 8 years of mt's recommend a good AT for snow

little luke

Reaction score
Only 2 tires ive had on this truck are bfg at and falken wild peaks at. Both have done great in the snow and stay clean. The falkens to me have been a better all around tire then the bfg and quite a bit cheaper.

Jomax

Reaction score
Only 2 tires ive had on this truck are bfg at and falken wild peaks at. Both have done great in the snow and stay clean. The falkens to me have been a better all around tire then the bfg and quite a bit cheaper.

Those falkens are plagued with annoying vibrations at speed.....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

little luke

Reaction score
Those falkens are plagued with annoying vibrations at speed.....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I agree. Seems like 40-45mph I have a vary slight vibration. Im not positive the tires are to blame, but that's what I put my money on. I forget about it since here your either going 35mph or 55mph

CMCx2012

Reaction score
I'm currently running the Cooper Discoverer STT. It has done well in the little bit of snow I've had it in, but it is fairly noisy. The self cleaning is no joke, so if you do much travel on gravel expect it to throw lots of rock. They do better than my BFGs did, but I can't speak for long-term wear yet. .

This statement here is 100% factual! I have chipped step bars to prove it, and probably plenty of small dents from the stone tossing :(

On the other hand, lets throw another vote in for the Toyo RT tires! I am switching to those once these ST Cooper tires are cooked.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Had them on the paxton charged, borla exhausted, lifted ranger! Get traction from July 3-6th any given year! No braking during wet days or days it looks like it could rain.

Jason

Reaction score
I ran 3 sets of the procomp xtreme a/t's. First set was a set of 35's, put 50k miles on those, front still looked great, backs were about 25%. I towed heavy, and didn't rotate like I should have, also ran 50psi for ride quality. Second and third sets were 305/50/18's, and they wore excellent as well. I ran them all over the country pulling a 32' triple axle enclosed car trailer. I towed through New Mexico, New Jersey, PA, Maryland, etc one winter, making my way up to New Jersey, and then across to Nevada for Carroll Shelby's birthday bash. Granted, they apparently don't run plow trucks in PA, or Ohio when it's snowing. Roads covered in snow/ice to the point you couldn't tell lanes from shoulders, or where the grass started. Blew through there one night (came off pa turnpike headed east, climbed that big hill coming into va, that bypasses town) and although I kept it locked in 4hi, I was able to run about 40mph through there, with no issues. Great tires.

TyCorr

Reaction score
They gotta be decent. I have a barely rolled set of 37x13.5 baja claws in my garage that were removed for HORRIBLE braking on snow covered roads. Went to a 35x12.5 baja atz and they are excellent! Buuuut they wuit making them LOL

Suppose Ill try the new rendition when its time. Dont know what else Id even try.

ford_trck

Reaction score
I have the ATZ P3's on mine in Arizona and love them. I had Baja Claws on it before that I loved them too. Better than expected tire wear and quieter than my old Bridgstone Duelers surprisingly.

morepower02

Reaction score
Next question: air pressure? Not pulling our hauling f350 crew cab what are you guys running?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.