After alternator change

abramthebest

Reaction score
So I just changed both of my batteries and my alternator , and after I did so I went to take the truck for a little drive but I noticed real quick that it was a lot louder than normal and I don't know what it is ! It is coming from some where under the hood & it sounds like the truck is real heavy and forcing its self. The noise is like a loud vacuum sound I guess you would say and it's only when you press the throttle turbos seem to be working fine , does anyone have an idea of what it might be ? Or what I should do ?

6.4 f-250

Reaction score
I would check all the intake boots and make sure they are on and tight. I had that loud vacumn sound before and it was from an intake boot coming off.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ckrueg

Reaction score
So I just changed both of my batteries and my alternator , and after I did so I went to take the truck for a little drive but I noticed real quick that it was a lot louder than normal and I don't know what it is ! It is coming from some where under the hood & it sounds like the truck is real heavy and forcing its self. The noise is like a loud vacuum sound I guess you would say and it's only when you press the throttle turbos seem to be working fine , does anyone have an idea of what it might be ? Or what I should do ?

6.4 f-250
what kind of boost is the truck making when it happens. It sounds like it could be overboosting. When my truck did it felt underpowered and the turbo noise was much louder.

6.4 f-250

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

abramthebest

Reaction score
I'm starting to think that it's the belt that is put on wrong because it sounds more of a winding sound

6.4 f-250

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.