aftermarket brake rotors??

D10Tion

Reaction score
whats everyone running as far as after market rotors? my truck weighs in at just under 13k lbs and im waiting for my brakes to catch on fire one day while coming down one of the long steep grades we have here in the sierras. Thinking of switching to drilled and slotted rotors to aid in the cooling process. anyone else running them? shoot me whatever feed back ya guys have on brands, likes, dislikes etc.

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Tried these before & missed my stockers quick as they were louder & wore the pads down alot faster with no noticeable improvement in braking.
With that being said after adding bigger wheels, more power & miles onto my superduty i have noticed just how crappy my brakes are & hope someone can shed some light on a better setup.

Notneb

Reaction score
Def a better option than wildwood for those of us without 20"+ rims! Now if we could only hear from someone who has that setup who towes extensively.

D10Tion

Reaction score
thanks fo all the feedback guys! keep it comin. im going to do some research on what ive gotten back so far.

B.Warning

Reaction score
I really need to do something with my brakes. I'd be interested in a drilled/slotted rotor If they were worth a dam but I'm not spending $2500+ a axle for brakes. For less money than that I can swap a set of 08-10 f450 axles under my pig and have the gearing I'd want.

This is my 7th caliper in 40k miles to do this.

59c03c61d567bae7a5d5a0df8f7348eb.jpg

f0cfea1ca280221c6dffae29e3b905e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I really need to do something with my brakes. I'd be interested in a drilled/slotted rotor If they were worth a dam but I'm not spending $2500+ a axle for brakes. For less money than that I can swap a set of 08-10 f450 axles under my pig and have the gearing I'd want.

This is my 7th caliper in 40k miles to do this.

59c03c61d567bae7a5d5a0df8f7348eb.jpg

f0cfea1ca280221c6dffae29e3b905e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work my truck 1% of what you do and tow and I really want them.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I can safely say I've spent more on aftermarket brake kits than probably anyone on this site...and hands down the best bang for the buck is the SSBC stuff.
I wish they did a V8 caliper for the newer trucks but the V6 will do too.
I've used several of their kits plus Wilwood, Stillen and that ridiculously expensive Rotora stuff and the SSBC was as good or better and a fraction of the price.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
So is there a sponsor on here that can get me taken care of? I need to do some brake work. Wanting to do fronts first then rears when able. Liking the looks and loving the price of the SSBC.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.