Aftermarket Intake opinions

JHardin83

Reaction score
Gotta 12' 6.7 powerstroke I'll be putting 15' turbo in next week (grenaded the original last week). Just wanting to get opinions on aftermarket air filters. I know it's not necessarily a must have for the new turbo but does help and I don't want to rob any available performance. My only thing is that I drive down a lot of gravel/dusty/dirt roads for work and do not want to have filtration issues and end up smoking the new turbo. Please let me hear some opinions from experience/knowledge and what is the recommended kits that won't suffocate the turbo but not wipe it out either. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

BOHICA256

Reaction score
I'm on dirt pads and lease roads in the oil field so I get plenty of dirt in the engine bay and what not. I run the No Limit stage 2 intake with the pre filter. You'll notice a big difference going from stock intake to a No Limit. Well worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Diesels & More did a back to back dyno from stock to the no limit stage 2 , and the No Limit gained 17hp and 145 ft/lbs . I'll post the graph when I get a chance but it's a pretty shocking result . Shows exactly why the drivability is so much better with our intake.

This was d e l e t e d with an Alberta speed race tune. Egr and everything else still in place.

Last edited:

JHardin83

Reaction score
Seems those kits are the way to go from what I hear. My only concern is some of the roads I drive on for work get pretty bad. BOHICA knows what I'm talking about, I head up that way every now and then for overhauls and them roads up there are just as bad. Is that filter able to be routinely blown out with air for safe measures? Also, what are they going for? Thanks in advance

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Seems those kits are the way to go from what I hear. My only concern is some of the roads I drive on for work get pretty bad. BOHICA knows what I'm talking about, I head up that way every now and then for overhauls and them roads up there are just as bad. Is that filter able to be routinely blown out with air for safe measures? Also, what are they going for? Thanks in advance

We have NEVER had an issue with sucking dirt. We suck air from the same place a stock unit does. Pro guard 7 and a pre filter and you are absolutely fine. Just may need to clean more often than most.

Dieselmore

Reaction score
Check out my 6.7 progression post. Trust me with that massive filter and outer wear you won't get any dust. I live in AZ where it's very dusty and good filtration was a must, I wouldn't second guess the quality or filtration of a no limit intake

BOHICA256

Reaction score

Not positive, but I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to blow here filters out. I do know that my proguard 7 and pre filter work great. Pre filter got dirty, cleaned that, the pro guard was still fine, put it back on. Then I got an adapter for my MPD turbo kit, and it had a paper filter in it, I needed to clean my pre filter and PG7 so that paper filter has been on for a while. It definitely needs to be replaced now but it took a while to get it dirty. Like the man(bigrpowr) said, and what I run, the pro guard 7 and pre filter, you are good to go.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
92aa91ad4c8d7154a2a30e6eaee21e8a.jpg

Think this tells the tale. Stage 2 vs stock.

Notneb

Reaction score
I blast through the desert usually following a few others so my truck lives in a damn sand/dust storm and everytime I pull my filter off its clean as it was new inside the pipe. I have a No Limit Stage 2 with a dry filter and a pre-filter.

Dieselmore

Reaction score
Psp diesel is working on aluminum coolant resiviours for the 6.7. That should make things look a little nicer. I got one of their bottles on my 6.0 and it's amazing.

Notneb

Reaction score
Psp diesel is working on aluminum coolant resiviours for the 6.7. That should make things look a little nicer. I got one of their bottles on my 6.0 and it's amazing.

Yeah I've seen their 6.0 ones, pretty snazzy.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

ours is already done.

IMG_4698.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.