Aftermarket Vs OEM transmission cooler

mrit

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the dorman cooler. I installed the Tru-cool from dieselsite.com a few years ago,and have had zero issues with it. Tranny hasn't got above 200 since I installed it. $40 cheaper

CLT2005

Reaction score
I'll check that one out. He just ordered the external filter from diesel site.

joebuck

Reaction score
Anyone you chose will be better than the stock 7.3 Cooler,the problem people have had in the past with the dormans is getting it shipped with out it getting completely Fu**ed up in the process,other than that a 6.0 trans cooler(31/26) row,Tru-cool,or dorman will help a ton,also a custom valve body from JW or BTS is also a nice upgrade to the stock 4R100,I run the 31row 6.0 trans cooler and it dropped my temps a lot,highest I've seen temps since swap was 180° and that was pulling a steep grade with our toy hauler (10k) on a 85° day doing 60-65mph and I have a 6" lift on 37s with stock 3:73s

Arisley

Reaction score
I will never put a Dorman product anywhere on any of my vehicles again. Everything I have ever had that said Dorman on it has broken in less than a year.

I have heard good things about their bellowed up pipes and their trans coolers, but I won't run them.

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
I run a 6.0 cooler on both of my 7.3's and I think they're well worth the $. Plowing driveways is about the hardest thing you'll ever ask a tranny to do and my work truck runs low temps even doing that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.