Aftermarket wheels

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
Got a '01 7.3 ccsb srw 4x4 that I use to haul the horses around with and whatever else needs to be hauled. The stock aluminum wheels are starting to corrode and tires are about shot so I'm thinking its time to upgrade. What's everyone using on their tow rigs? I've found very few aftermarket companies that publish weight ratings and the last thing I want to have happen is break a wheel hauling $30k (or more) worth of horses. Looking to stay with a 16-18" x8-10" wide and no more than a 33x12.5 size tire. Also wanting something black/aluminum color. Any opinions would be appreciated. I'll try and get a pic of the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Your best bet if you want a strong wheel would be going forged. American Force is going to be your best priced forged wheel. They come in 18x9, 20x9, 20x10, if any of those sound like something that can work for you let me know and i can get you some pricing.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I agree that forged will be strongest but AF being cheapest is far from correct. Centerline forged wheels are 2-300 per wheel cheaper than AF and others.

Reaction score
I agree that forged will be strongest but AF being cheapest is far from correct. Centerline forged wheels are 2-300 per wheel cheaper than AF and others.

I should have been more specific when saying cheapest, i meant cheapest of the current big names. Centerline has really not been relevant in truck wheels in years as far as popularity is concerned. I have seen that they are attempting to come back but 99.9% percent of requests i get are for American Force, Specialty, Fuel Forged etc, never had any request for Centerlines. Weld would be another good option but not cheap either.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Centerline doesn't have to sell as many wheels any more., they supply about 80% of the forged blanks to other high end wheel mfg's these days and make a grip doing so. Even the centers of my ADV.1 wheels came from them.
I agree they're not as popular as they once were but they still make an extremely strong forged wheel for way less than most and would be a great choice for a hard working truck.

Matt

Reaction score
I forgot all about centerline. They make some pretty good looking wheels and the price isn't bad at all.

Latest posts

Members online