Air Bag light

TexAg56

Reaction score
so recently my dang air bag light comes on every day. I will start my truck and sometimes in 3 mins or less, other times in 10 mins the air bag light will blink maybe once or twice then stays on. I took it to Ford and they kept it for 5 hours and said it was fixed. They said the replaced some sensor. Well 5 mins down the road and bam its back on. Anyone have an idea that I could tell them? clearly they do not know what the issue is. I have seen people mention the clock spring or something like that but they mention that my controls on my steering wheel would not work. My controls do work, however I have noticed sometimes when I press seek forward it will actually seek backwards. Sometimes when I turn up the volume it will seek forward. I thought I just got some beer or something in there but I really don't know. Any advice would be greatly appreciated because this light is driving me nuts!

Jomax

Reaction score
That sucks, here's a bump for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexAg56

Reaction score
Jomax, probably dumb question but you dont think this could be related to sotf or tune related do you? Just a thought since the dealer cant seem to figure it out. I hate going to the dealer!

Oldlassie

Reaction score
Had airbag light in a 6.4 with no other issues and it was the clockspring. I had no other issues either, even though many said they did.

Jomax

Reaction score
Jomax, probably dumb question but you dont think this could be related to sotf or tune related do you? Just a thought since the dealer cant seem to figure it out. I hate going to the dealer!

Doesn't hurt to try and go back to the regular GH tune.
With electronics, it can be ANYTHING.

TexAg56

Reaction score
ok thanks guys. I will tell dealer the check out clockspring next.

Jomax, I posted on the SOTF thread but Ill ask you here aswell as that thread seems to be dead. Do you know if tyrant sotf tunes will work with my gh sotf cable and where it pplugs in to? do any other tunes use the same cact sensor? wondering if there are any other sotf tunes for sctx4 that I could switch back and forth from with my current switch setup

04cr450

Reaction score
Luke, my seek and volume does the same thing from time to time.seek forward and it goes backwards... beening doing it since 900 miles and has 8k on it now....definitely not the sotf. Need to take it to the dealer and have then look at it. Just hasnt been on the priority

Profuzz

Reaction score
Clock spring fixed air bag light in my 06

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.