Air Bags for Towing

mad342

Reaction score
Anyone running rear airbags for towing?

I recently did the ready lift 3.5 SST lift which has the 5" block for my 2012 F350 SRW. I like it so far, just wish the rear was just a bit higher. Maybe 0.5-1 inch.

I'm about to buy a fifth wheel camper which will obviously squat the rear of the truck even more, so I was wondering what experience is out there from people running bags for a more level pull?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BombCityFD

Reaction score
I don't have air bags yet, but I've heard Airlift bags are great. Several different set up options and they offer a kit that has internal springs so you can run them at zero pressure when you're not towing.

Notneb

Reaction score
I've run Airlift bags on my setup, with a 2.5 lift and full deavers. Makes a world of difference in ride and stability. Just make sure you get the spacers right for your lift.

Zmann

Reaction score
i suggest the over the spring bags and the wireless controller
you won't need the bags with the internal jounce stop since the controller maintains 5psi

if you choose to manually fill the bags then upgrade to the internal stop IMO

the Daystar cradles are nice to have also

Last edited:

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I have Firestone bags on both my trucks...no complaints. The OBS truck has the AirLift Wireless controller and the '16 truck has the Firestone Wireless controller. Both do their job.

OUO has a block that incorporates the air bag mount where bump stop was, making it a clean install. Also, if you lifted your truck, it is highly recommended that a set of traction bars be installed.

Billy T.
[email protected]

My09Ride

Reaction score
This I know! I run an F-150 with a kinda large TT. I was great with the FS air bag! I now run an F-250 with a Montana RE3615, and the FS Air bags, and shocks. The truck handles great. If tuned you may have to adjust your air pressure to get the best ride. The idea is to bring the truck back to level! Ya got to adjust to comfortable, based on your ability! Head lights up bad!!!! CGVW 23K! Do as you want

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Anyone running rear airbags for towing?

I recently did the ready lift 3.5 SST lift which has the 5" block for my 2012 F350 SRW. I like it so far, just wish the rear was just a bit higher. Maybe 0.5-1 inch.

I'm about to buy a fifth wheel camper which will obviously squat the rear of the truck even more, so I was wondering what experience is out there from people running bags for a more level pull?

Thanks

I've got the exact same setup as you for lift and I run the Firestone air bags since I do a decent amount of towing. I have a 75 gallon slip tank and a toolbox in the back and I said the same thing as you regarding wanting the back end a little higher. I run around 10 psi on my air bags all the time when empty and it gives me that extra half inch or so in the back to make it look nice and level. If you go with Firestone air bags, remember to get the setup for a 5" block and not the factory 4" block. I fabbed up my own extensions and realized after the fact that they just sell them ahaha.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
I run the carli long travels

Attachments

• VZM.IMG_20151210_085623.jpg
    VZM.IMG_20151210_085623.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 88

Latest posts

Members online