Air Springs

mortal798

Reaction score
I thought I had read a post on air spring kits on here somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere.

I am looking for a basic, bolt-on air spring kit. I tow a 14k 5th wheel most of the summer, and I want to put some air bags on to carry the weight - instead of putting it all on the leaf springs.

Pics of the installed kits would be cool if anybody has some, and some recommendations on which kits to check out.

Thanks!

Denver

Reaction score
I would go with Firestone or Airlift airbags for 5th wheel hitches. They mount on the inside/bottom of the frame rail and directly to the axle. The lower mount on both look cheap but I've never seen one fail. Just bend into place.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I have had airbags on 2 trucks, including this one. The bags have been inside and under the frame. I just dont like seeing them through the wheel well.
I have the Hellwig ones now and seem like a good kit.
Much bigger mounts than the Airlift or Firestone brackets. I had the Airlift and my brother had the Firestone or vice versa. My mounts I had to re-enforce on the bottom from them bending some as said above.
The only thing I dont like about the hellwig is the air supply comes into the bottom of the bag and not the top. But doesnt seem to be a problem.

mortal798

Reaction score
Airlift loadlifter 5000 is what I was looking at. It looks like a pretty simple kit, and it isn't very expensive.

Latest posts

Members online