Air suspension - accumulator tanks question

TexasA&M

Reaction score
Is anyone here currently running some type of air suspension? Not just helper bags, but a full on setup? I'm wondering how much of a different accumulator tanks make on these systems.

Reason I ask is that I'm getting ready to install the Firestone R4 Tech system on my truck. This doesn't come with accumulator tanks, but I am thinking of adding some in to smooth out the ride even more. Any thoughts on this?

Also, can anyone confirm the reason for needing these at all (they are included in the Kelderman kit, which is a full blown air susp, unlike the R4 which is a hybrid). I think the reason is that bigger bags mean a smoother ride, and by adding an accumulator tank, you are effectively increasing the volume that is in the bags at any given time (the bag and tanks have a straight connection and are always at the same pressure). Is that the right line of thinking?

Zmann

Reaction score
pm ME2
he has messed with them and accumulator tank I think He called em ping tanks ?

rat49f6

Reaction score
A full air ride system with accumulator tanks was done by Ziggy over on fte... I can link if that is ok with the mods

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Smokyred

Reaction score
Yes ping tanks will make the ride smoother, just make sure the air lines between the bags and the ping tank are as large as possible. In theory it is the same as running a larger bag.

Dave

rat49f6

Reaction score
i would make the ping tanks as part of your mounts
im home now ill find that fte thread

Latest posts

Members online