airbag light- checked all common reasons

n54power

Reaction score
For the last couple months my airbagight would come on. Sometimes it would flash a code then stay on,other times it would just come one and stay lit. my cruise control and horn work. No other symptoms pop up.
sm u missing something or is it just a 260k issue

n54power

Reaction score
No code
like I said,nothing that would normally cause it. The flashing codes are useless

tomlin

Reaction score
It will have a hard code stored. You need a good scan tool to access the airbag codes. Snap On Modis, OTC Genesys or Autoenginuity. The flashing light or the Jippy Joe scan tools are useless.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Airbag light can be triggered by a few faults, one of the strange ones being if the light is burnt out on the passenger side air bag switch on the dash...

Need a good scanner as said. The Scangauge won't pull any real codes on our trucks, I have one.

ZombiePopper

Reaction score
'Tis true,
I have almost the same exact issue on my e99,
Sometimes the airbag light comes on, but usually by the next start-up it goes our on its own.
Sometimes it'll flash and chime and then eventually go off on its own again.
Real random, no rhyme or reason for it...
I need to do ball joints on my e99 so I haven't pursued the issue further...
I have a Superchips programmer/scanner that I only use for scanning codes and it doesn't t pick up the airbag code (mostly because I can't get the light to come on when I'm in a position to scan it.)

Latest posts

Members online