Airdog on an OBS?

DleclairObs

Reaction score
Has ony body done this conversion? Does anybody know if there kit for it?I know its possible but i think it would be hard with two fuel tanks to retrofit to my truck.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I did it. With dual tanks and all. Did it with an original airdog (low pressure) and then ran a walbro as well as a SD pump high pressure reg return. It worked fine. Saved my bacon when I lost the walbro one time. Maintained enough pressure to get me to the next town. I'm removing it next week though as I'm taking the truck back to stock. PM me if you're interested. I'd make you a good deal on it. Just needs new filters.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Regulated return kit and a Fuel Lab setup or dual SD pumps would be my suggestion. Even though you may not need that amount of fuel (depending on your end goal of course) but after being around a couple air dog and fass installs on 7.3's, they are LOUD SOB's. And don't seem to hold up because of the higher psi they run at versus on a common rail truck. We do a lot of air dog's and fass' on common rail trucks with very little issues. But on HEUI truck applications, i've assisted with more warranties than I care to share. Irate or Strictly Diesel kit's have my vote for your application. Let me know if you want some info on either brands kits. :)

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Regulated return kit and a Fuel Lab setup or dual SD pumps would be my suggestion. Even though you may not need that amount of fuel (depending on your end goal of course) but after being around a couple air dog and fass installs on 7.3's, they are LOUD SOB's. And don't seem to hold up because of the higher psi they run at versus on a common rail truck. We do a lot of air dog's and fass' on common rail trucks with very little issues. But on HEUI truck applications, i've assisted with more warranties than I care to share. Irate or Strictly Diesel kit's have my vote for your application. Let me know if you want some info on either brands kits. :)

I agree here. RR and a SD Bosch pump (or two, with large injectors) is a very reliable setup. Strictly makes a kit which includes everything for the OBS. Absolute best solution and covers every base. Check it out here... http://www.dp-tuner.com/ford-powers...s/driven-diesel-complete-obs-fuel-system.html

Strokersace

Reaction score
I did a full efuel setup around the ADII. It was ok but wasn't real impressed with the AD. At the time there were quite a few failures being reported so I changed to a SD pump and haven't looked back

http://www.powerstrokenation.com/fo...ormance/87121-my-e-fuel-system-airdog-ii.html
That's why I used the original low pressure airdog as a "lift pump" and filter/water separator before the high pressure pump. Yes it was overkill at the time, but when the walbro pump I had failed, the AD at least kept me moving to the next town.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.