Airtex water pumps suck..

dietoremain

Reaction score
27k miles on pump, have a pretty decent puddle starting to appear in my driveway. Its all over and around the pulley.. I'm hoping its just the damn cheap oring that came with it, but I cant tell at the moment what it is. Coolant level on degas bottle is still full give or take.. But man what a pain. This is more of a rant than a question but what ya'll think? I did reuse the factory thermostat housing and stuff... hmm.

onebad7.3

Reaction score
Not what I wanted to read! about 5,000 miles ago, my water pump was leaking and I needed a new one, only one I could find was an airtex. Its been ok, hope it stays that way for a while.

dietoremain

Reaction score
Not what I wanted to read! about 5,000 miles ago, my water pump was leaking and I needed a new one, only one I could find was an airtex. Its been ok, hope it stays that way for a while.

Once I get time to tear it apart and see wtf is wrong I'll let you know.

QtrHorse

Reaction score
I have about 75K miles on my Airtex with no problems. I replaced my thermostat and housing at the same time. There is no reason to reuse the cheap factory housing when you can buy a new one for les than $20. They are known to deform from tightening the bolts.

Last edited:

dietoremain

Reaction score
Btw leak went away for now. Im definitely thinking that gasket is having issues.. I aint touching it til it gives me a real problem, way too much work. Put on a few hundred miles this weekend.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
My airtex lasted 6 years and just had to replace it. About 50k miles on it. When it went this time, it would leak off and on. I bet it is the weep hole that is leaking on yours

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.