Alarm killed truck?

Superblazin

Reaction score
Need a hand guys, on the way to a funeral this afternoon the truck died!
I just had it towed home.

As we were driving there the back road was very bumpy. The alarm horn had started to go off a few times in short bursts.
Then I lost all power.

When key is on I do not hear the fuel pump and no starter engagement..
I assume it is a factory alarm system that came with the Harley edition trucks? I don't know as it came with the truck?

Any electrical gurus have any alarm knowledge to where I should start looking for what I assume is a loose connection?

Or any wiring diagrams.

Thanks in advance

Superblazin

Reaction score
Got it going this am! I don't think it's factory install.. Wire taps were used and some one deserves a kick in the junk!!!

Gary

Reaction score
I don't think SD's had factory anti theft till 2008, Excursions did tho. Most of those aftermarket alarms absolute garbage, sooner or later they are gonna give you problems.

Atsah

Reaction score
Got it going this am! I don't think it's factory install.. Wire taps were used and some one deserves a kick in the junk!!!

Wire taps have screwed me more than once, I hate wire taps... Solder all the way..

Gary

Reaction score
:whs:
Most of the aftermarket electrical add-on stuff is installed by some kid or somebody who doesn't know what they are doing. I have seen some really poor wiring jobs over the years, and I've had to fix them.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Gj finding the prob bro. For what its worth i have known several ppl over the years with aftermarket installed remote start and every one has had problems with them. Id like to have one installed for the col azz winters here but im positive itll end up problematic.

Latest posts

Members online