Alaska Dyno day Phase 1

What day would I attend a scheduled Alaska Dyno day?

• 7 July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 14 July

• 21 July

• 28 July

• 4 Aug

• 11 Aug

• 18 Aug

• 25 Aug

• 1 Sep

• 8 Sep

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

V-Ref

Reaction score
Guys....here's how I propose we try this....this Thread is about Phase 1....let's focus on the dates a minimum of 10 trucks are interested in.

VOTE for three dates you could commit to.

Phase 1 (Intel collection) will consist of Intel gathering from the field of prospective participants for determination of the most favorable event date.

The three most popular days will be selected for consideration. This will end Phase 1, and I'll request this thread be closed.

Phase 2 (Course of Action Development) will consist of me taking the three most popular dates from the Phase 1 thread to Underground Performance to determine thier internal scheduling constraints, pricing, min # of trucks, probable dyno event schedule, etc.

I will then start the Phase 2 thread outlining the above information, and start a poll to determine the ONE/SINGLE most popular date. IF the min # of trucks commit to one date, this will end Phase 2, and I'll request the thread be locked.

Phase 3 (Mission Execution) will consist of the announcement of the dyno day. Forum members that committed to the previous 2 threads, will be STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to follow through with previous commitments, and post the graph/vid of their truck as proof of attendance. I would like to discourage those short on commitment/follow through to ensure success of this event, but at the same time encourage any/all folks to attend, no matter how wild/mild your truck (even stock ALASKA trucks make at least 100+ more hp just for being a Alaska truck!). In other words, if you commit, follow through. And being we're all in Alaska, we all get that chit happens (work, family, wx, etc)....I'm just sayin'

FAQ-

how much, how long, how many runs do I get....don't know. Wait to Phase 2. Focus on the objectives of Phase 1 (dates and 10 trucks)

What if my cummins, duramax, gasser bud is interested? Tell him to post up! If they aren't a member...Tell 'em to join!

Can I commit for my bud? Yep! If hes a no show...thats on you to correct if it comes down to $$$, so make sure how good a bud he is before you do. Don't be the guy that causes future events to fail cause we didnt show the minimum # of trucks.

Please post, not PM questions.

And I want to see this succeed! I'm not afraid of some hard work....but please don't make me regret taking this on! Let's see some Alaska POWERSTROKE Power!:ford:

Last edited:

CamTom12

Reaction score
I like your 3-phase approach LOL

I'll pull my calendar at work and bounce it off my wife's before I click any dates.

I appreciate you heading this up, it'd be great to try a get-together up here.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Tim, your the man!

I linked this to the thread on the other site!!!

that_guy

Reaction score
Thanks for giving it a try...I would love to see this happen as well!!

I will also post a link of this tread over on the cummins site.

Last time I talked to Nick, he said min of 10trucks, max of 12 for 1 day event. Normal price is $125 for 3 pulls, if we get 10 or more trucks he said he would drop the price to $100 for 3 pulls....he did tell me that these are straight pulls, no tuning. Now if you have the capability to change tunes on the fly, I don't see how that would be a problem.

Also, what is plan B if we get more then 12 people to comment?

V-Ref

Reaction score
I like your 3-phase approach LOL

I'll pull my calendar at work and bounce it off my wife's before I click any dates.

I appreciate you heading this up, it'd be great to try a get-together up here.

No messing around here! :biggun:

I'm glad it's not scaring anyone off...and want to encourage participation, no matter the platform (ford, chevy, dodge, gasser, etc), as long as their serious and will follow through! Don't waste anyones time is the message.

Thanks, and look forward to seeing you there!

And a Fairbanks dyno event would be great idea.

Tim, your the man!

I linked this to the thread on the other site!!!

Thanks Dave. Hope the event works out so you can make it. Link it up!

Thanks for giving it a try...I would love to see this happen as well!!

I will also post a link of this tread over on the cummins site.

Last time I talked to Nick, he said min of 10trucks, max of 12 for 1 day event. Normal price is $125 for 3 pulls, if we get 10 or more trucks he said he would drop the price to $100 for 3 pulls....he did tell me that these are straight pulls, no tuning. Now if you have the capability to change tunes on the fly, I don't see how that would be a problem.

Thanks for the info, but for clarification...and so the waters aren't muddied any....

THE PRICES AND INFO "THAT GUY" IS POSTING ARE NOT APPLICABLE/CONFIRMED/RELEVANT FOR THIS EVENT. THAT INFO WILL COME OUT IN PHASE 2.

TG-I know it was innocent/selfless intent you post that info....but stuff changes. So I'm putting that disclaimer in above. Past performance should be a good indicator of future potential.....BUT, just in case.. Not the intent to disrepect you at all....just for clarification, so folks don't get butt hurt if the price comes in a $10 more/less for a run than the last attempt, etc...

And I agree, even the tuners that require a 90 second reflash/restart ought to be accomodated. I will address those specific questions in Phase 2. Good issue to be brought up, I'll put in the FAQ.

TG-Appreciate you linking up the other forums. The more the merrier. The bottom line is these events have a poor actual attendence rate vs. potential interest. AK low density/low number market as it is...would appreciate you fanning whatever interest you can on any of the other platforms.

Also, what is plan B if we get more then 12 people to comment?

TG-Good/valid question. Answer(s) in Phase 2. I'll put in the FAQ as well.

Right now, we need to get 10 trucks to commit to three dates, and then we'll move forward. I'll do my best to lead by example and get the three dates I can commit to by this evening.

Guys-Keep the questions coming. I'm going to ask the mod(s), if they will let me edit the original post, and capture each of the questions you guys post, and post the answers as they come to fruition.

Thanks for the support so far. While we're all brand loyal to more/less degrees, it will be a great eye opener for folks that haven't seen how other platforms are put together to make power. You'll get new ideas on sound systems, suspensions, paint (how bad mine needs paint LOL), etc from attending one of these. All these platforms are great in thier own respect.

Show up with yours and show us why. :naughty:

that_guy

Reaction score
Someone already linked the thread on cummins site.

No disrespect taken on the disclaimer, I am actually glad you put that in there. The info I put in was more a less just letting you guys know what was talked before. Just an FYI

Another thing to talk to Nick about is doin a BBQ...that will help keep people there after they make their runs.

washingtoncoastie

Reaction score
Im not going to comit to a date because of my schedule, but if this gets to the setting a date phase, i will definatly try to get there. its expensive and time consuming to get off kodiak.....im assuming this would be in anchorage?

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
In my experience, post it on as many sites as possible, ford, GM and Dodge sites. You will get a lot more participation. I have put on Dyno events the.last two years and i become a post whore all over the intraweb. Have your dodge friends.and GM friends get involved in getting the word out. This year at our last event, we Dynoed over 60 trucks. Was a successful day for us.

Sent from my EVO 3D on the East Side

V-Ref

Reaction score
Poll closed after zero commitment to any of the 10 dates. Lots of "interested" folks. Commitment of time/cash different story.

If enough post up here, we can start another thread with a new poll/dates.

This is the only way to do this imo, in order to weed out the tire kickers.

CamTom12

Reaction score
Sorry! Just got back on the grid! I've been out in Prince William Sound shrimping and halibut fishing...

I go back to work Monday so I'll bounce off my calendar then and post up 3 good dates. I'm willing to pay full dyno price for the 3 pulls.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I would just set a date and schedule. Put it out far enough that people can plan for it, especially in Alaska.

V-Ref

Reaction score
I would just set a date and schedule. Put it out far enough that people can plan for it, especially in Alaska.

That sounds like advice from organizing one or two of these...

Too be honest, a dyno day isn't really my deal. On a selfish/personal level...I dont mind the full price for three runs, and its convienent to me.

I was really looking to help the Fairbanks fellas out...it looked like there was some interest, and nobody else stepped up....sooooo...I stepped forward.

If folks can agree on a date...I'd invest the time/effort for sure.

But not going to waste my time until then. Hope that doesnt sound to conceited.

CamTom12

Reaction score
Nah, I'd do the same. No sense organizing something nobody'll show up to. I think we're such a low-density crowd up here that it's hard to get everyone on the same page.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Seriously, you need to branch out to the other brand forums. You cannot be solely focusing.on this site. I bet if u posted on the Duramax, Cummins and other forums, you get a lot more interest and commitment. If you don't branch out from this site, you won't get much interest. You have to become a post white on those other forums. Once you get the word.out there and set a date, the word should spread like wildfire

Lil' Pete

Reaction score
Summer is a hard time in AK, everyone is busy getting ready for winter. Mid OCT. might be a good time, after it gets cold but before the snow flies, all/most the summer projects are done, and the drive would not be that bad.

"Diezel Dawg" is right on the money, set a date far enough out and start the "hype" people will ether show up or not, only one way to find out. If we have a date i can do the leg work in Fairbanks, i know of three or four trucks plus mien that wound want to go depending on work schedules.

If you want to call or text me that's fine, as i'm not on here as much as i'd like,
(907)-888-7176

V-Ref

Reaction score
Summer is a hard time in AK, everyone is busy getting ready for winter. Mid OCT. might be a good time, after it gets cold but before the snow flies, all/most the summer projects are done, and the drive would not be that bad.

"Diezel Dawg" is right on the money, set a date far enough out and start the "hype" people will ether show up or not, only one way to find out. If we have a date i can do the leg work in Fairbanks, i know of three or four trucks plus mien that wound want to go depending on work schedules.

If you want to call or text me that's fine, as i'm not on here as much as i'd like,
(907)-888-7176

Lots of good ideas out there...but the method in the first post, is the only method I'll be a part of as far as an organizing it and putting my name to it.

Feel free to get it started. I won't stand in the way of anyone that wants to take a good idea and make it reality, and I'd be a supporter.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online