Allison in a powerstroke?

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
If I could geta freshly built allison for a few 100 bucks from a friend along with the tq converter. Would it be worth be doing the swap. And could it be tuned for my truck or would I have to change abunch of **** out? The only reason he is selling is his injector hung and blew the motor. The trans had just been rebuilt.

Estrogen Hostage

Reaction score
You need to find out what the MD trucks use for a standalone computer. The rest of the issues can be figured out with machining and welding.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I think you said the trans was built as in upgraded but Im not sure?

Any chance he wants to part with the rest of the truck for crazy cheap like he did with the trans?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Ummm... there is absolutely nothing wrong with the capability of the stock Allison computer and wiring harness. You just need to get it bolted to the motor.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
Because the allison would cost me less than suncoasts rebuild kit. And an adapter plate say 750. I should still come out ahead vs. building the 5r100 pluss I dont like the way it shifts. My allison shifted better in my opinion.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
More issues than its worth if its a factory rebuild. Limp mode sucks with those. I doubt the convertor will work. Ford flex plate to allison convertor. Adapter plate to bell housing. Driveline changes. Mounts. Shifter linkage. To much work unless its built

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.