Alternator alternatives

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I will have a serious system put into my truck when it is all said and done. Likely as soon as DPC is done, have had all the crap sitting in my living room for quite a while now. lol

Since it is easy to change out the alternator now I was wondering who has used or knows of HO alternatives? I know one company builds some good units, but have no experience with them.

Diesel23

Reaction score
I looked all over and their were several to choose from , i ended up with one from Powerbastards , he had them instock and had great customer service with them

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Have used DC power, singer, and a couple others too. Let me know if we can help Eric.

sent from the shop making things fly.....

madman1234509

Reaction score
http://www.qualitypowerauto.com/catalog.php?category=5

Ive talked to these guys several times about buying a high output top mount for my hpfp kit. They seem pretty legit. Bottom mount is 6g, top mount is 4g. They can also supply harnesses to convert if you want to only run a top mount on a truck that came factory with only a bottom mount. Also email them, they might have more options then whats listed, I know at one point they werent advertising a few amp outputs they had because they had limited stock of them

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I can't use the top mount, found a DC power unit but with dual fuelers from Elite it won't work. Hawgdoctor, you have uno pm

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
How do you/customers like DC power alt.?

Have had very ggid luck with them. The other bug stand out besides singer is mean green( I think that's the company name lol). The couple singers that we've used have also been very good. They are also hand built, and nit just hot rodded stockers.

sent from the shop making things fly.....

Denver

Reaction score
I have a DC Power unit on my 7.3. No complaints and will be going to them for my alternator needs.

madman1234509

Reaction score
The company I posted has High amp bottom (6g) and top(4g) alternators.... Looks like the highest bottom mount advertised is 300 amps

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Just remember an alt. is not going to help with instant power draw need a good battery and capacitor for that.
Also if you are going to that big of a system, change all the charge and ground wires in the truck to bigger ones.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Lol is that not a lot? I honestly have no idea, I've never really worried or looked into electrical stuff for my vehicles, or gotten around to putting a really nice system in one

LOL, that is pretty damn large. 180 at idle is more than the stocker puts out at full strength.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I really don't think it is needed after thinking about it. Stocker puts out quite a bit, with two batteries and capacitors I am probably fine. Just not a big charger when idling, unless I do the high idle mod.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.