Aluminum radiator...?

co04cobra

Reaction score
Who all is running one? Have you had any problems? and miles etc.... What brands?

I have found them from around $300 up to $800 and I can not see why there is such a huge price difference. TIA

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I'm running a mishimoto aluminum radiator, no issues except it runs a little too cool now. I didn't pay anything for it tho, I was their mock up truck. Quality is top notch and looks awesome
photobucket-66046-1356194734564.jpg

photobucket-34649-1356210764429.jpg

Last edited:

NotStock

Reaction score
Get with Alradco on here. He is in the final stages of a very nice radiator built here in the states. There are a lot of differences in core thickness, end tank thicknesses and overall fit/finish. I think his are going to be a top quality part with a competitive price.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I'm running a mishimoto aluminum radiator, no issues except it runs a little too cool now. I didn't pay anything for it tho, I was their mock up truck. Quality is top notch and looks awesome
photobucket-66046-1356194734564.jpg

photobucket-34649-1356210764429.jpg

The mishimoto looks very nice. However, it is one of the highest priced ones I have seen. Still a very nice unit.

Get with Alradco on here. He is in the final stages of a very nice radiator built here in the states. There are a lot of differences in core thickness, end tank thicknesses and overall fit/finish. I think his are going to be a top quality part with a competitive price.

That's actually the fist person I contacted. They told me they had nothing in the works or available for the obs trucks.

NotStock

Reaction score
Crap sorry man, I thought this was for your '08. I didn't read what section this was posted in. My apologies

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I do agree.... But that's all the info I can provide. There was a guy on the org that made a 6 door bronco 7.3 that put in an aluminum radiator in that he got off eBay and has had no issues with it.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Crap sorry man, I thought this was for your '08. I didn't read what section this was posted in. My apologies

No problem man. It would make it easier if I didn't have to post in every section :doh::ford:

Side note: Did you get that trac bar you needed back from me? PM me if you didn't please.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I do agree.... But that's all the info I can provide. There was a guy on the org that made a 6 door bronco 7.3 that put in an aluminum radiator in that he got off eBay and has had no issues with it.

Im waiting on a price quote back from mishimoto. It looks very nice, but I think I would chance a ebay unit for less than 1/2 the coin.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I found an all aluminum radiator from Autozone IIRC. End caps and all for my 94.5. If you want I can try to dig out a part number for ya. Was not disappointed in quality at all for paying like $175....

Fordguy100

Reaction score
I have a champion 3 row aluminum radiator in mine. It says it fits the 83-94 diesels. I would think the OBS PSD and OBS IDI radiators were the same, in which case those would work. About $240 shipped.

Last edited:

co04cobra

Reaction score
I think I'm going to go with a 1 row all aluminum unit.

I haven't got a return PM from mishimoto yet, but it's probably going to be more then I want to put in a radiator.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
I have a cheapo from Performance Radiator in my truck. Think I paid $170 or so for it a couple years ago. Fit just like OEM and I haven't had any cooling issues towing through the mountains. Basically does what a radiator is supposed to do.
The Mishimoto looks like a really nice unit, but I just can't see dropping that kind of coin on a radiator when the cooling system is already overkill from the factory.

JK Fab

Reaction score
How big of a demand is there for a well made obs all aluminum radiator ?

rat49f6

Reaction score
Id be Interested depending on the price point. ..abiut to oull the trigger on a performance rad in a week or 2

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

m j

Reaction score
How big of a demand is there for a well made obs all aluminum radiator ?

price point decides that.
there is already 2 out there. Alradco claiming made in USA and there is a chinese one.
contact the chinese outfit, get a 'container full' price and see if you can hit a price point that is too low to resist.

a rad is on my shopping list

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Our radiator has all-aluminum construction, is fully TIG welded, is a direct-fit into your OBS, and comes with a lifetime warranty. These radiators are top notch, and the lifetime warranty can save you from any future headaches. Please let me know if any of you have questions regarding our products, as I would be happy to help. :)

Thanks,
Tyler

Reaction score
I'm running a Mishimoto also. I got mine before they made an OBS version, so this one is for a Super Duty and I modified my mounts to fit it. Temps stay right on the money with electric fans. Idling for long periods, oil temps will drop to around 178* and the fans will shut down to keep temps up. I know several people running the Performance Rad with good results too.

IMAG0014.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

JK Fab

Reaction score
A friend of mine local to me ordered a SD 7.3 radiator from alradco. I talked him into letting me snag it and see if i can get it to work in my obs before he installs it into his excursion. If i can get it to work i will order one for myself. If i cant get it to work then i will try and see if i can get some people together for a group buy to show alradco there is a demand for a well made all aluminum radiator for a obs that wont break the bank.

I am very pickey when it comes to the parts i install on my truck. It is my daily driver, i pull my racecar with the truck, and i also go on vacations with my family in it. I NEED my truck to be reliable and get me from point A to B safely.

NOW I need to say I was very please with the radiator right out of the box ! The quality of this radiator looks to top notch and would NOT think twice about installing one of these in my truck. I fly out sunday for a 8 day vacation and will tackle this when i get back !

Here are a cpl quick shots from my cell phone

102_05_12_13_9_16_41_0.jpg

102_05_12_13_9_19_53_0.jpg

102_05_12_13_9_19_55_2.jpg

102_05_12_13_9_21_11_0.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.