American Force Center Cap Bolts - Loctite?

white59rt

Reaction score
Does anyone put blue loctite or another form of anti vibration coating on these dinky little allen heads that hold these on?

They make me nervous to just put them on as is.

I read nothing else about it on this forum so I am assuming no but figured I would put the question out there

Thank you!

white59rt

Reaction score
Ok, took your guys advice and through them on last night with nothing. I really wish there was a nice low profile billet smooth cap for these, I am not really a fan of the caps but it is what it is.

Jomax

Reaction score
If you really want to use locktite. Use the green locktite. It's made for small bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White_monster

Reaction score
If you really want to use locktite. Use the green locktite. It's made for small bolts.

Are you kidding me. Green is retaining compound for bearings and such. Blue is for small bolts and it's easy to remove. Red is for permanently mounting bolts or for large bolts like 3/4" and up. For this blue is fine. But don't use green whatever you do.

Jomax

Reaction score
Are you kidding me. Green is retaining compound for bearings and such. Blue is for small bolts and it's easy to remove. Red is for permanently mounting bolts or for large bolts like 3/4" and up. For this blue is fine. But don't use green whatever you do.

I always knew that there was more then one green locktite...

Inline6359

Reaction score

Take a step back and breath.....you do realize there are numerous grades of each color "loctite" right? Such as 668, 680, 635, 609, 620, 603, 648, 541, 567, ect ect, all for different applications and requirements. The same goes for blue and red, HOWEVER, on most automotive stores they sell the 3 base red, green, and blue. And the green most sell are for fasteners from #2 to 1/2 inch.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
The problem with the green is that Loctite still recommends it be removed with heat. the blue is a good all around unless you really want something held in there(red).

Latest posts

Members online