AMP power steps on an Excursion

BK39

Reaction score
Who has done them? What did you do about the step motor hitting the AC lines on the passenger side?

BK39

Reaction score
I got them on.....but I don't like the way the motor is pressed against the lines. It has pressure on the lines, I'm worried about it over time rubbing a hole.

Betarocker

Reaction score
Couldn't you relocate the lines either higher or lower, if that is what is needed? Or put a sleeve over the lines at the contact point. Coolant hose or PEX water pipe could be slit along the length and worked over.

NEVRNF

Reaction score
is the motor at the front or rear of the passengers board. The Ex boards have the motor at the front and the pickup has it at the rear if i remember mine correctly.

BK39

Reaction score
is the motor at the front or rear of the passengers board. The Ex boards have the motor at the front and the pickup has it at the rear if i remember mine correctly.

You are correct, the instructions tell you to have it at the rear(on both the trucks and excursions), but I did not like the way it looked, not to mention it was even tighter against the lines with the motor at the back. So it's to the front, and still against the lines.

ktmrider

Reaction score
I put them on mine about 2 years ago, went together easy and have been trouble free

Latest posts

Members online