Another blowby video

Carolina444

Reaction score
Trying to get some feed back on this blowby test.. I know I need to do a compression test but I just don't have the time right now.. Truck runs strong and starts up fine but smokes a lot from ccv tube. No excessive smoke from exhuast maybe a small puff on a cold start. Thanks

Carolina444

Reaction score
Mine still runs good.. I want to do some 230/100 and s366 but if the engine toast then I gotta use that money for a rebuild. I'll try to get compression test soon to find out for sure

mandkole

Reaction score
Trying to get some feed back on this blowby test.. I know I need to do a compression test but I just don't have the time right now.. Truck runs strong and starts up fine but smokes a lot from ccv tube. No excessive smoke from exhuast maybe a small puff on a cold start. Thanks

Its definitely more than Im used to seeing. How many miles? Whats maintenance history?

Do the comp test when you have the time. Putting a turbo and injectors on it certainly wont change it right away, but I get not wanting to spend money in the wrong order.

ghohouston

Reaction score
The blowby on my 2002 was worse than that. All 8 compression tested 350 psi, and ran great, but a BIG factor is how well the engine has been taken care of maintenance wise...

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Not to be rude, but what does it matter? Some motors just seem to blow-by more than others. If you're not noticing any detrimental effects, then just run it until you do. Not like you can do anything to make the rings seal better.

I don't think you have too much blow-by. You'll be fine.

Reaction score
Not to be rude, but what does it matter? Some motors just seem to blow-by more than others. If you're not noticing any detrimental effects, then just run it until you do. Not like you can do anything to make the rings seal better.

That's my thought process on this as well. I'm gonna run it till a rod pops or something else lets go.

ghohouston

Reaction score

Exactly my point!

mandkole

Reaction score
yes we can agree that blowby gets talked about way too much and does not determine engine sealing health. Every diesel Ive ever been around puffs in various amounts from the draft tube or oil fill cap while running. Carry on...

Carolina444

Reaction score
Its definitely more than Im used to seeing. How many miles? Whats maintenance history?

Do the comp test when you have the time. Putting a turbo and injectors on it certainly wont change it right away, but I get not wanting to spend money in the wrong order.

It's got 254k.. Not sure about its history before I purchased it two yrs ago

Latest posts

Members online