Another coolant leak

TripleE44

Reaction score
Not too happy about this. The truck had leaked a couple spots on my parent's driveway a few weeks back that led me to idea to check the coolant level. It was very extremely low. So, I went and got some and added to it thinking it'd be a slow leak and I'd just have to add every once in a while.

Well, it's sped up. It's down pretty low. I'm no mechanic by any means, so I'm hoping someone can help me diagnose this so when I go into a shop I've already got an idea of what it could be. Anyways, here's a pic of what I can see from under the truck.

12e1ee28.jpg

And here's the spot under the truck from sitting in the parking lot for less than 3 mins. :mad:

e7ab8434.jpg

If y'all need any other pics to help see anything just let me know. Thanks in advance!

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Looks like you have a classic case of needing a new radiator. The drivers side end tank always seems to leak after a while.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Is this the correct part number for the radiator?

8C3Z8009B - Radiator assy 6.4 LITER TURBO DIESEL

powr2stroke

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Is this the correct part number for the radiator?

8C3Z8009B - Radiator assy 6.4 LITER TURBO DIESEL

Not sure on the part # , but IIRC correctly there is an updated radiator with a build date after I think was around 8/07 that supposedly addressed the crimp failure . Might need to make sure if you back with a factory one , you get a fairly recently built one . I think Ford might still be trying use up all the old ones they're sitting on . Hence the repeated failures some of us are experiencing .

Just my 2 cents .

Last edited:

11STROKER

Reaction score
Not sure on the part # , but IIRC correctly there is an updated radiator with a build date after I think was around 8/07 that supposedly addressed the crimp failure . Might need to make sure if you back with a factory one , you get a fairly recently built one . I think Ford might still be trying use up all the old ones they're sitting on . Hence the repeated failures some of us are experiencing .

Just my 2 cents .

amen to that Mikey

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
let me know when you do it...I'll come stand around and drink. might fetch a tool or two but mainly i just want to come over and take a dump in Randalls house.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I dont know how much this means to yall, about three weeks ago I took mine in for a coolant leak (lower hose) well they replaced it but Ford also called for my radiator to go ahead and be replaced even though it was as good as new (30k miles) and mine is a 2010

Latest posts

Members online