Another cracked piston

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I remember laughing in the other thread when you said it was good to go for another 8,000 miles..... Your luck is unbelievably bad man!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
Not to make light of your situation, but I've seen and had WAY worse things happen. Try building a whole new fully built engine and going 60 miles, loose a gallon of coolant, and pull it all back apart and buy a brand new block..... I believe Dillon knows how that is.

Most of us have all had time where it seems like it can't get worse. But keep on, it's way more fun than quitting. Besides you'll get bored and get back into it after a while and do it all again.... Ask me how I know!

I know the feeling! Haha

Mpoage

Reaction score
It has a small miss for about 400rpm then smooths up fine. I have no codes is what makes it hard to diagnose.

How much oil is in it? A relative compression test could rule out the possibility of a cracked piston real quick.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
I'm with Ryan. Doesnt look like a cracked piston. Not enough blow by watching the vid. Usually when the piston goes the pressure surge in the crank case will blow out a glow plug harness or two. Cracked pistons don't smooth out either. I'm thinking injector.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yeah i wouldnt get too carried away with thinking that its a piston, you would have noticed a crack when you had the heads off. It really hasnt been together long enough to have one crack unless you flat hot rodded the **** out of it for the last 3 days LOL

i would def look into an injector causing the issue. If you are way overfull on oil that will make the crankcase stuff do wierd ****.

What are you reading codes with? Hows the smoke from the exhaust?

Did you do anything with the HPFP while it was apart?

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
yeah i wouldnt get too carried away with thinking that its a piston, you would have noticed a crack when you had the heads off. It really hasnt been together long enough to have one crack unless you flat hot rodded the **** out of it for the last 3 days LOL

i would def look into an injector causing the issue. If you are way overfull on oil that will make the crankcase stuff do wierd ****.

What are you reading codes with? Hows the smoke from the exhaust?

Did you do anything with the HPFP while it was apart?

No smoke out exaust. We're gonna put an ids on it this week. I jus been using h&s to look at codes.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
No smoke out exaust. We're gonna put an ids on it this week. I jus been using h&s to look at codes.

something a little better might show a code that h&s wont
ids will be good to look at the relative balances ect, dont get too frustrated just yet, but i agree 6.4s can test your blood pressure at times. Im glad i dont DD one anymore

Latest posts

Members online