another powermax dyno numbers, whats next?

Sixstroke

Reaction score
New to the forum. Just figured I'd make a thread. I went to Sheid diesel ex and dynoed on the Dp tuner dyno. Made 536hp 870 tq which tq seems low. I figured 530 so not disappointed. I'm running 180s not sure nozzle size RCD did them. Been looking at the barder turbos since I heard someone made 620 with one. With 410 gears but still impressive. Anybody got some info?

Sixstroke

Reaction score
I don't understand why I'm making do much heat. I can hit peg my 1600 gauge in 5 seconds. What's the best cure? I think I'm going water method that's the best bang for the buck

motoxracer42

Reaction score
come on the same dyno as me with a vgt and put those numbers down. theses another guy on here that claimed high numbers too. don't judge your purchases off of someone elses dyno numbers. you can manipulate most dynos pretty easy.

and your making all that head because vgts aren't designed for power. its driveability. turbine flow s more restricted. have you tuner pul fuel, open the solenoid all the way or go with smaller nozzles

Derkperk

Reaction score
Why are you so hot??? If you ask RCD, who built your injectors, they suggest running their 68mm pmax with those injectors at full fuel. As loboost said, you are short on air.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Horsepower number seems pretty much right for your setup. tq may be that low for a number of reasons. hard to say without seeing the graph. The pmax isn't really wnough turbo for those injectors. I would guess your truck can be smokey too. You are going to need more than just a slighlty mofified pmax to clean those up. That barder turbo you mentioned in the OP was good for a 37 horse bump over the pmax on the truck you mentioned. No matter what turbo you step up to, don't expect 600 hp. You won't get it.

what a mess

Reaction score
what dyno did u use the one at teh barn or the one on the trailer my budy dynoed his 190/75s and a pmax and only got 386 hp and 1100 tq at the barn dyno that was his 04 ex

ODAWG714

Reaction score
What other mods do you have done? My tq jumped 200 ft pounds when I changed my fuel psi from 62 to 55. A regulated return will feed your rear cylinders with fuel up top. A bigger charger and a ported intake will jump your hp numbers as well. What's your wot egt?

ODAWG714

Reaction score
don't expect 600 hp. You won't get it.

Why wouldn't he get it? With the right mods and money he will. Me and another fellow on here sure n the hell did. With my pmax I hit 581 on the dyno and backed it at the track, the same dyno that has been proven by other members here. Just sayin

Last edited:

ODAWG714

Reaction score
I don't understand why I'm making do much heat. I can hit peg my 1600 gauge in 5 seconds. What's the best cure? I think I'm going water method that's the best bang for the buck

1600 is high. You need more air. I'd go with a Barder stage3 and buy a ported intake.
I'm running 175/75 just installed a new egt probe for my cts and I'm barely hitting 1300 egts on a full fuel race tune. Food for thought

Sixstroke

Reaction score
I have a RR and Airdog to feed it I run constant 60 psi never drops. I don't know why the eggs are so high. I kinda suspect my gauge is bad I need to get another one to see.

what a mess

Reaction score
your egts rnt high that is normal for 180s and a pmax i have 190s and a pmax and a ported intake banks intercooler system and mine run that high at wot

Sixstroke

Reaction score
I don't see how people are claiming these really low egts. I was hitting 1200 max with the powermax stock. But after sticks I can really get a fire going lol. Another thing I don't get is everyone saying 30 to 35 pounds boost. I see 40 even a little over. When I ran a RCD 68 I.saw 48 once.

ODAWG714

Reaction score
I don't see how people are claiming these really low egts. I was hitting 1200 max with the powermax stock. But after sticks I can really get a fire going lol. Another thing I don't get is everyone saying 30 to 35 pounds boost. I see 40 even a little over. When I ran a RCD 68 I.saw 48 once.

My setup consists of steed speed manifolds, custom up pipes ported intake, afe inter cooler, no limit fab, with everything ceramic coated. Barder stage 2.5 and 3 turbos regulated return and tuned by Gearhead. My highest egt I have seen with my new egt probe with the Barder 2.5 is 1361 from a dead stop to 90 mph with 37 pounds of boost and no smoke on a full fuel tune. Ill see what my egts are with the stage 3 later on with my new probe.
My old egt probe was fuct

On stock sticks with a full fuel race tune It was hard to hit 1100 egts with my booboo egt probe.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.