Another T4 thread

superpsd

Reaction score
I had my daily tune dialed down to the point where it was smoke free if you rolled into it or nailed it while rpms were already up. If you lugged it or lost traction like in the rain for only a second you will look back to see a black mushroom cloud. Smoke control sucked in certain situations. I remapped pulse width and I now have less overall PW yet now the engine is more Torquey and responsive and smoke is under control. Even if I hammer it from lugged position it only exhales a slight gray haze. Max PW on the upper end when ICP is high was raised and now the truck keeps pulling decently. I still need to upgrade my fuel system and add 3" plenums and possibly stud the heads.

Last edited:

Countrycar

Reaction score
Ithink you dont need much of anything. Sounds like you'e gotbugs to get worked out of your systems and possibly get tunes modified.

Take it with grain of salt but i think 3.7ms of pw is waaaay too much unless you were running
a75 mm single. 3ms is more appropriate as a max. That should be over 500hp worth of fuel.

Try to get your gate adjusted out right in a tune that will make enough drive to crack the gate open but not fuel on past it. I think you'll be as pleased as i am. Our setups arent worlds apart. You have more fuel available in hotter tunes. But aside from that 50cc of capacity you are in the same bike race. Your egts could come down another 200-300 degrees if you get your gate set to 36 and you have a better wheel to boot. I do what im describing with the "look at my dikk" wheel i have. So you have a much better chance of dispelling your own myth of turbo issues.
Yup, I agree. I'm gonna try to make those adjustments on both the Turbo and the tunes see what happens. Thanks pal.

The Brad

Reaction score
LOL< HAA HAA HAA..LOL...I wish I knew how and or had the ability to tune, but I don't. You guys here have quite a bit more knowledge about this than I do. I'll see about gett'n some tweaks done for this though. I appreciate it Ty.

Here's the hot tune wot. The video is 15 minutes long. The wot run starts at 13:15 and then it looks like the Bluetooth disconnected.

https://youtu.be/GvqfT2nCgq8

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Can you be a tad more specific? 2ms isnt doing shti in my parade. I have 250/200s. I cant imagine a 2ms tune with a 100% nozzle was much else besides smoky on a6spd.

Take it with grain of salt but i think 3.7ms of pw is waaaay too much unless you were running
a75 mm single. 3ms is more appropriate as a max. That should be over 500hp worth of fuel.

So which is it? When. I mentioned prior about a 2.8ms tune you said it wouldn't do sh!t with your setup. Now someone with 300/200s (larger than yours) shouldn't exceed 3.0 flat?

TyCorr

Reaction score
You dont have 200% nozzles on a 300cc injector. Go back and reread. Pw values arent shared across all injector types.

And with that in mind, my comment should make more sense or confuse you even worse.

If you like anything with an 80 or 100% nozzle and 4+ms tunes we dint gave much common ground to discuss this platform. Thats basically holding the sumbitsh open and hoping for some hp. Would nake a HOT SMOKY TURD.

On a fastish nozzle (200%) 2-3ms is a decent amount of fuel.

Edit:it may be prudent to post your comment to which a reply was made in that instance as there are scenarios where what i said just based on your quoting me is true.

2ms on a 100% nozzle is dumping a small amount hence the comment "isnt doing shti" in my world. Youvrealize at 2ms a 200% nozzle is moving twice the fuel per time?

Last edited:

The Brad

Reaction score
His idle is ***ked because the pw is too low. Thats kindergarten tuning issues. Bump it up to 2.1 ms and it'd turn into nuclear bomb laid glass. I didnt look at icp because it doesnt matter until.you get enough pw for that nozzle to inject the mfd in the time allotted. UNLESS someone has a bunch if bs turned on and its modifying something.

Mine idles at 1.6ms & 490 ICP with 80% nozzles. You can't really go any lower on the ICP, so wouldn't 2.1ms on 200% nozzles be too much fuel?

None of that appies. An 80% nozzle willidle ok on bad tuning. Everybody gets a sip so nobody is tattling lol. With 200s there might be an established amount of fuel to be injected. Itmight happen before everybody gets fuel and the idm doesn't fire anyother injectors. Got enough fuel already to idle, right?

Wouldn't that cause a rough idle, like a misfire?

You realize at 2ms a 200% nozzle is moving twice the fuel per time?

Trying to learn something here. Is the PCM/IDM able to selectively cancel individual injectors to limit fueling? You might need to draw it in crayon for me.

TyCorr

Reaction score
It will if the fueling is met. It'll manifest as a romp or misfire or a skip as many call it. I never heard his idle and only tried to fill in blanks with what i could read and his pw values font seem right for the task at hand unless im not seeing correctly.

Edit:past my bedtime and im answering shortly. But it doesnt actively say cancel them out but rather if x amount of fuel is meted out for "idle" in these parameters once x is delivered nobody is getting fuel until next time around. So depending on injector quality if there is delay or other issues or tuning is allowing too much fuel because the nozzles are drooling more than they thought, it could skip an injector.

It also happens with karger nozzles if you are accelerating along , gathering speed, you shift into od and all if a suden you arent going faster but just putzing in high gear. It takes on a hollow dull sound. Its low rpm, low pw condition. So its easist just to add more pw (throttle up, pass n accelerate etc)

Last edited:

mikeeg02

Reaction score
You dont have 200% nozzles on a 300cc injector. Go back and reread. Pw values arent shared across all injector types.

And with that in mind, my comment should make more sense or confuse you even worse.

If you like anything with an 80 or 100% nozzle and 4+ms tunes we dint gave much common ground to discuss this platform. Thats basically holding the sumbitsh open and hoping for some hp. Would nake a HOT SMOKY TURD.

On a fastish nozzle (200%) 2-3ms is a decent amount of fuel.

Edit:it may be prudent to post your comment to which a reply was made in that instance as there are scenarios where what i said just based on your quoting me is true.

2ms on a 100% nozzle is dumping a small amount hence the comment "isnt doing shti" in my world. Youvrealize at 2ms a 200% nozzle is moving twice the fuel per time?

I never said at 2ms ever, I said 2.8. You had commented that with your setup, 2ms wouldnt do anything. Maybe it was my own assumption for believing the comparison was with your 250/200s, and maybe you misread the 8 as a 0. Probably some fault on both ends. Then I went on to assume if when you labeled it a 2ms tune, that meant anything sub 3ms.

And I certainly didnt suggest running 4+ms on my 100% nozzle.

Also, going off of the old uniform injector thread on PSN

From the same vendor, at 3,000 psi
a 238/200% at 2.0ms produces ~180cc per 1000 shots.
a 238/100% at 2.0ms produces ~138cc per 1000 shots.

Not trying to pick a fight, just trying to clear some things up.

EDIT: I know some injectors are faster than others. Even with the same size and nozzles, depending on oil/fuel side mods

Last edited:

superpsd

Reaction score
Short video. I would have hammered it harder but test track was busy and my skinny mud terrains don't grip the pavement very well when damp and cold. Conservative tune no more than 2.0 MS but you have to put your foot to the floor to see that 2.0. If I had put my foot to the floor the rear would have been bucking around like a wild bronco.
https://youtu.be/7x--FiLF56s

Countrycar

Reaction score
:hammer: I heard a little bit of some gear grind'n going on... LOL!!! Sorry pal, but it did make me laugh..

superpsd

Reaction score
Syncros are wore out. I have some Redline MTL to drop in and see if it will help. If not I am going to keep an eye out for a Zf5 to rebuild. Whatever the previous owner had in it had it silent. I went and changed fluid for general synthetic ATF and instantly started to grind. I have read MTL has helped in some cases.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Syncros are wore out. I have some Redline MTL to drop in and see if it will help. If not I am going to keep an eye out for a Zf5 to rebuild. Whatever the previous owner had in it had it silent. I went and changed fluid for general synthetic ATF and instantly started to grind. I have read MTL has helped in some cases.
if synchros are gone then there isn't much you can do.. fluid may help but not for long.

we are having awesome luck in our big rig transmissions when switchin to LE oils..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

superpsd

Reaction score
I am aware. It's mostly just the 3rd syncro and it's been that way for about 2 years now. It usually only grinds when slamming gears. Shift a little slower and it's usually OK with intermittent grinds. I have the beat on it as long as I can mentality and pay for it latter. It's gone two years now and hasn't got any worse.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I am aware. It's mostly just the 3rd syncro and it's been that way for about 2 years now. It usually only grinds when slamming gears. Shift a little slower and it's usually OK with intermittent grinds. I have the beat on it as long as I can mentality and pay for it latter. It's gone two years now and hasn't got any worse.
my 01 was the same. I switched to amsoil 2 years ago and it helped but it is grinding again. if I end up keeping it any longer then ill put LE in it..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

TyCorr

Reaction score
We used to use redline back in the day for balky synchros and it did help.

TARM

Reaction score
Ithink you dont need much of anything. Sounds like you'e gotbugs to get worked out of your systems and possibly get tunes modified.

Try to get your gate adjusted out right in a tune that will make enough drive to crack the gate open but not fuel on past it. I think you'll be as pleased as i am. Our setups arent worlds apart. You have more fuel available in hotter tunes. But aside from that 50cc of capacity you are in the same bike race. Your egts could come down another 200-300 degrees if you get your gate set to 36 and you have a better wheel to boot. I do what im describing with the "look at my dikk" wheel i have. So you have a much better chance of dispelling your own myth of turbo issues.

Woah!!! 3.7ms on 200%!!!!!! Thats a TON of fuel period. That is more PW than even a stock injector tip could empty a stock injectors with.

To put that into perspective my 200% from Nate flow in the 240ish cc at 2 ms @ 3000 ICP. So that more than empty a standard 238cc hybrid. 3.7 ms down low would likely have my tq levels in the 1600 ftlb+ range. Way to much to every put to the ground. At 3.7 ms my injectors would be dumping 425-440cc @ 3K ICP. I know you are likley at a much lower ICP if this is not heavy load levels but still..... and if it is WOT type levels there is no way that 38R can come even remotely close to cleaning that up. Hell my gtx4294r could not clean that up. A 38R can not fully clean up a 80%238 hybrid at max available PW down low RPM band there is no way in hell its cleaning up a 200% running any PW at high ICP over 2ms. I do not think my DD tune even has a PW over 2ms in it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Woah!!! 3.7ms on 200%!!!!!! Thats a TON of fuel period. That is more PW than even a stock injector tip could empty a stock injectors with.

To put that into perspective my 200% from Nate flow in the 240ish cc at 2 ms @ 3000 ICP. So that more than empty a standard 238cc hybrid. 3.7 ms down low would likely have my tq levels in the 1600 ftlb+ range. Way to much to every put to the ground. At 3.7 ms my injectors would be dumping 425-440cc @ 3K ICP. I know you are likley at a much lower ICP if this is not heavy load levels but still..... and if it is WOT type levels there is no way that 38R can come even remotely close to cleaning that up. Hell my gtx4294r could not clean that up. A 38R can not fully clean up a 80%238 hybrid at max available PW down low RPM band there is no way in hell its cleaning up a 200% running any PW at high ICP over 2ms. I do not think my DD tune even has a PW over 2ms in it.

And theres a fine line with 200% hybrids where pw becomes an area of interest. Like your injectors dumping 3ms worth and mine though the same technically is a very different experience. I have tunes calling for 3ms but we're talking about a 250c injector. 300s and id need about .3-.6 scale back to keep things kosher.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.