Another T4 thread

Countrycar

Reaction score
Hey Brad, how's it going with the install? I'm kinda anxious to hear how this works for yah. Where yah located at?

The Brad

Reaction score
I can't seem to get a solid block of time to work on it, and my A.D.D./OCD kicks in and I find myself cleaning the valley with a toothbrush. I have a buyer for the 38r and bellowed up pipes, so I've been cleaning that up and swapping the stock wheel back in. I also installed some Riffraff banjo bolts and CVD fittings, painted the pedestal. Tomorrow, work permitting, I should have it all mounted up and figure out how to adapt it to my S&B airbox.

Since when is a jpeg and invalid file?? Tried to load some pics, but I either get "invalid file" or "upload failed"

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I thought about painting the pedestal but I figured it was stainless and would never rust. The s&b will fit no fabing needed.

Countrycar

Reaction score
I'm in Rialto, CA (40 miles east of LA)
Yup I know where you are. I'm in Simi Valley. Hope you gettr done soon. I'm anxious to see how it all works as I'm getting ready to do either the new drop in KC Turbo that is still being developed as we speak, or go to a T4 w s369sxe or the S468. Anyhow hopefully you ting the time soon to put it all together.

Fall Guy

Reaction score
I'm interested to see how this comes out. I've been running a 38R W/ 250/100's for a couple of years & I'm not very impressed.

I'm tired of the sluggish bottom end, the heavy smoke, & the obnoxiously loud turbo.

Keep us updated :toast:

Z_racing14

Reaction score
I'm interested to see how this comes out. I've been running a 38R W/ 250/100's for a couple of years & I'm not very impressed.

I'm tired of the sluggish bottom end, the heavy smoke, & the obnoxiously loud turbo.

Keep us updated :toast:

I was in the same boat as you. Trust me going sxe is like getting a new truck. It helps you forget the t4 investment cost pretty fast lol!

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I ran 250/100 and a 38r and thought the truck performed very well. My truck was detuned for pmrs but it didn't smoke and spooled great. Then I windowed the block

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fall Guy

Reaction score
I ran 250/100 and a 38r and thought the truck performed very well. My truck was detuned for pmrs but it didn't smoke and spooled great. Then I windowed the block

My truck runs good, if I stay in the throttle. What I'm tired of is the truck shifting gears, dropping to a lower RPM & as soon as you give it any throttle I shut the road down with smoke.

I will say I've ran different tunes that smoked way less.

What I'm looking for is something to spool sooner than the 38R that will also clean the smoke up better.

I talked to Matt @ Irate yesterday & am leaning towards a S369SXE.

JDelaney

Reaction score
I put a set of 250/100s and a 369SXE in a buddy's truck. Runs pretty good! Doesn't spool as quickly as my 364.5 and 160/30s though. I would be interested in trying a little bit smaller turbo to improve spooling.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
My 366sxe with a 1.0 and a 6 speed tranny comes on pretty quick, and is really strong. I took it down the track last night and ran 14.9 at 93 mph, which isnt all that impressive, but I am a 6 speed, and lose time shifting. Was the first time dragging it. Wasnt what I built it for anyways.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I feel like a s366sxe with a 1.0 housing would match good with a set of 250/100s. A s369sxe would would probably perform good too but will be laggier

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
But since you are going the t-4 route you might as well put a nice 75mm and 300/200s in it and call it done

Z_racing14

Reaction score
I get around 42 psi on my hot tune and this is with ported heads and cam so less intake restriction. About 1400 degrees on a run up to 100mph with a haze 230/80's with 366sxe .92 housing. 38r was 38 psi and would pin 1600 degrees by second gear lol...good riddens

Latest posts

Members online