Any 2wd trucks running 5.4 springs in their 99-07?

RedSmokey

Reaction score
I am thinking I want to drop the truck a little, its a 2000 2wd. I did a search, but "2wd" and "5.4" won't search so all i found was 4x4 and 6.4 trucks talking about it. Anyways, I'm not worried about slamming it with the DJM kit, just want it a little lower. I found some 5.4 gasser springs out of a 05 excursion for a descent price locally. Wondering if anyone has done this in their 2wd and what kind of drop they got? I would like around 1.5" drop in the front. Im fine with cutting a coil or two off if that it needed also. I will be doing all the front end bushings with energy suspension ones at the same time and of coarse getting an alignment after installing the new springs. Anyways, what do you guys think? Input from anyone with any experience on this would be greatly appreciated.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Well, local guy flaked on me so im looking for springs. Anyone know the actual spring code I need? I went to look on car-part.com and it has like 8 different spring codes :confused:

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Just do it dude...

No junkyards around there?

The biggest benefit to doing the gasser springs is going to be the reduced rate and softer ride. But you may need to upgrade shocks depending on how soft they become... That being said, once you start cutting them, the spring rate is going to rise, so they will become shorter, but more stiff.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
I just found Unbroken's "junkyard find" thread and that he is running cut stockers. I might just take whatever front springs I can find be it PSD, v10 or v8 gasser and just start cutting lol. I am trying to check junkyards, the one that is by my work doesn't want to pull them yet from the one truck they have :doh:

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing the different reviews. Hopefully everyone can be pretty sucessful, I'd think that a 5.4 with a coil cut, some good shocks, and an aftermarket swaybar would make a truck that handled reasonably well.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing the different reviews. Hopefully everyone can be pretty sucessful, I'd think that a 5.4 with a coil cut, some good shocks, and an aftermarket swaybar would make a truck that handled reasonably well.

It's not the ride I'm worried about. It's getting it aligned properly. Camber wise ..

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I have to look to see what I can do. Still undecided if I'm going to drop it yet, or keep it for that matter LOL

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Does anyone know what year Unbroken's truck is? Is it 05-07? If so are those springs/buckets different? Looks like the spring slides into a hoop up top and gets coiled smaller at the bottom to keep them in place on my 2000.

Latest posts

Members online