Any help would be great.....

Fireman23

Reaction score
A few days ago my truck had a little problem starting and i thought to myself that was strange.....just had to crank it over twice. later that day it was sittiing in my driveway and i went to move it in the garage and it wouldnt crank or do anytthing. I chalked it up to be bad batteries. went and got 2 new ones from ford put them in and its still doing the same thing. you turn the key, dash lights come on just like normal then you turn the key the rest of the way and nothing happens. i cleaned the terminals and checked any fuses i could find in relation to the ignition. Also called SCT and they are convinced its nothing they can fix....what should I do??

Platinum250

Reaction score
A few days ago my truck had a little problem starting and i thought to myself that was strange.....just had to crank it over twice. later that day it was sittiing in my driveway and i went to move it in the garage and it wouldnt crank or do anytthing. I chalked it up to be bad batteries. went and got 2 new ones from ford put them in and its still doing the same thing. you turn the key, dash lights come on just like normal then you turn the key the rest of the way and nothing happens. i cleaned the terminals and checked any fuses i could find in relation to the ignition. Also called SCT and they are convinced its nothing they can fix....what should I do??

Check your starter and starter relay. If you don't hear anything when you turn the key to start then I'd be willing to bet the relay is bad.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Whats your theft light doing?

If its normal suspect a faulty #3 EGT sensor.

Do you have access to a scan tool?

Fireman23

Reaction score
the theft light is blinking 5 times after i try and crank it. im looking at the starter relay now

Fireman23

Reaction score
the codes i am getting are U0115 U0100 B1318.....and like i said its got new batteries so the B1318 i dont understand

Fireman23

Reaction score
buddy is coming over with a good scanner later tonight....

may try replacing the #3 sensor then

I thought about the alternator but who knows at this point

907DAVE

Reaction score
Alternator has nothing to do with initial start up, its only function is to keep the battery's charged once its running.

HVFC6040

Reaction score
I took "when you turn the key the rest of the way nothing happens" as in the starter fails to spin...if the battery isn't getting charged, then it wont start...

Fireman23

Reaction score
got the starter tested and it works....tested the main cable feeding power from the batterys and it gave me a solid light on my little current tester tool. tested the small wire that feeds power to the cylinoid and it produceda blinking light. so is that supposed to broduce constant power while turning the key over or pulses of power? (wife was in the driver seat turning the key and holding it

Fireman23

Reaction score
PROBLEM SOLVED!! I got pissed today and went to ford and bought a new starter....put it on and she cranked right over. Thanks to all who helped out you guys are the best!!

Stroked777

Reaction score
If the theft is blinking it could be that the security system is to blame. I know there's been a few times in my 08 king ranch that I been in a hurry hopped in the truck and turn the key and nothing happened, not even a click from the start. Come to find out I was getting in the truck and turning the key fast and the computer never sensed the chipped key and prevented it from starting