Any others have factory wheels crack?

Swampfox

Reaction score
I tried searching and didn't come up with a whole lot of info. A good friend of mine has a 2008 F-250 King Ranch with the factory 20" wheels and 3 out of 4 are cracked. He's tried talking to ford and they will not do anything to help with the issue. Has anyone else had these king ranch 20's crack or is this an isolated issue? He bought the truck used and one would never know how it was driven before or possibly abused. Any input is appreciated.

RedRice589

Reaction score
A friend of mine has had the same thing happen. Idk how either. It's been a recurring problem. Hehad 2 crack and they offered no help after the two. He bought forces

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
My stock wheels are pitting and stained already after a year and a half. Never heard of wheels cracking. Has he tried calling Ford's customer service and see what they say?

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
I know the 06 (/I think )Harley 20s were cracking. Other than that, I haven't heard of the new ones doing that...

Swampfox

Reaction score
Wonder why? Where did they crack at? Does he tow?

He tows a single axle enclosed trailer I think sometimes and a pontoon boat. They cracked closer to the outside edge or face of the wheel. He said the only thing that saved him was the tpms light came on and he pulled over to see what was going on and saw that it cracked and lost air. The roads around here aren't terrible but regardless it shouldn't crack like it did.

SledDogg

Reaction score
I cracked all four of my 06' Harley Davidson rims over a 2 week period. We need to get NHTSB involved. Then a class action lawsuit.

Attachments

• IMG_20141128_101236986.jpg
    IMG_20141128_101236986.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 134

sootie

Reaction score
I cracked two of four on my old 08. It rarely saw the pavement for the first two years/80k of its life. Both were hairline fractures on the inside lip.

Don't really blame them as it was terribly abused. to give you an idea-all the skid plates underneath were bowed up from being smashed with clay and rocks.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I have an 05-07 20 that looks just like that. I also have a buddy who has one that's cracked the same.

I'm not worried about mine as I don't subject my trucks to that kind of impact :eek:

SledDogg

Reaction score
Ever heard of GM or Dodge rims cracking across the board? Nope, ****ty design. I'm contacting the NHTSB, its a safety risk. I had my wife and two of my kids in truck, 10,800 lbs 5 th wheel and was about to cross Mackinaw Bridge day after Thanksgiving when I found first rim cracked in two places. Alcoa rims never cracked.

Swampfox

Reaction score
Ever heard of GM or Dodge rims cracking across the board? Nope, ****ty design. I'm contacting the NHTSB, its a safety risk. I had my wife and two of my kids in truck, 10,800 lbs 5 th wheel and was about to cross Mackinaw Bridge day after Thanksgiving when I found first rim cracked in two places. Alcoa rims never cracked.

Let me know what you come up with and I'll get with him about his.

mandkole

Reaction score
Wonder if some of these issues are tire machine related. Pretty sure these wheels are forged and pretty strong.

Swampfox

Reaction score
That's always a possibility and like I mentioned before, he bought the truck used and there is no telling how it was driven before.

Latest posts

Members online