Any reason NOT to get a 17

Reaction score
Getting one tomorrow morning, coming from a tuned 6.0L 06 SD, Obviously huge update to say the least, I love my 6.0, but want finer things. Any reason I should NOT pull the trigger.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

ForeverFixing

Reaction score
I love mine. I also came from a -05 6.0 and what a difference. (2017 F450) I pull a 15k 5th wheel and used to feel pushed when going down long grades. Not any more. I set my speed and off we go. I had an oil leak on the upper pan and it was repaired under warranty. Just under 50k miles now and no other issues. I did just order the SPE disaster prevention setup for the fuel pump and installed the cold side turbo hose fix to get rid of the plastic connection that has problems. (mine never had the problem but didn't want to be disabled while traveling) Have fun with your -17!

Reaction score
I love mine. I also came from a -05 6.0 and what a difference. (2017 F450) I pull a 15k 5th wheel and used to feel pushed when going down long grades. Not any more. I set my speed and off we go. I had an oil leak on the upper pan and it was repaired under warranty. Just under 50k miles now and no other issues. I did just order the SPE disaster prevention setup for the fuel pump and installed the cold side turbo hose fix to get rid of the plastic connection that has problems. (mine never had the problem but didn't want to be disabled while traveling) Have fun with your -17!
I really wanted a 450, but the used market is scarce down here, and I still wanted something that potentially could have some warranty left. But I'm stoked about this 350, main reason I wanted the 450 was the wider front axle, and ability to maneuver in tighter spaces. So far just driving around the last couple days, I'm just grinning in amazement. It's so much more refined, and just overall a very comfortable and pleasant driving experience. Gonna sell my 06, I'll miss her, and the sound when I lay into her, but overall I'm getting older and prefer the quieter rides

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

ForeverFixing

Reaction score
I know what you mean. After the usual blowing white smoke I had my 6.0 bulletproofed and tuned. I do miss the sound and quick response. Most of all my husky passed away and I still had her fur woven in the back carpet. But she is riding with someone new now and I do love the new truck. The turning radius sure is a plus when boondocking and maneuvering in tight fuel stations. But we make do with what we get used to. Enjoy the ride!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.