Anybody elses truck sound like it falling apart over bumps?

treatcg

Reaction score
My dash sounds like it is falling apart in my 2016. Lots of squeaks and rattles in between the storage area and windshield on the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
My dash sounds like it is falling apart in my 2016. Lots of squeaks and rattles in between the storage area and windshield on the dash.

I have none of that.

ckrueg

Reaction score
I have none of that.

Same. Compared to my 2010, my 2016 has a lot less rattles and that truck has a straight pipe so there's 3 times the engine noise.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

04cr450

Reaction score
only issue i had with my truck is a vibration noise, pretty bad, when idling in drive- was a loose tcm located on drivers side frame rail. Tightened it and good to go.

Jomax

Reaction score
only issue i had with my truck is a vibration noise, pretty bad, when idling in drive- was a loose tcm located on drivers side frame rail. Tightened it and good to go.

Sweet, I always wondered why ford put that there. Seemed so easy to destroy.

04cr450

Reaction score
Sweet, I always wondered why ford put that there. Seemed so easy to destroy.

I wondered myself as well.. dupid ford..... I can also why it vibrated so bad , the bracket only holds onto the end of the module. Even when the bracket was tightend the module will still move up and down.

300000 and counting

Reaction score
I used tubing on my last truck, it was a sclb and there was a part of my factory striping that was blocked off. What did you guys do when you came to the blocked off part?

vansnxtweek

Reaction score
I feel really stupid but I cannot find where these strikers are to put tape around. Where are they?

chaselee

Reaction score
Here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170206-071726.jpg
    Screenshot_20170206-071726.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 87

bpan

Reaction score
Don't loosen the strikers, just give them a good whack with a punch and hammer. That worked wonders for me.

Semi-retired

Reaction score
The rattling and clunking on my 11 comes from the under the truck and sounds like it's in the suspension. It sounds like the truck is falling apart even though it only has 30,000 miles

marserdesigns

Reaction score
Damn I thought my truck was the only one!! I took it to the dealer 2 times and they couldn't find any thing wrong! Sure glad I found this thread!!!

Mine is coming from the drivers and rear drivers side...sounds like my doors are barely latched. I constantly open and close them to ensure a good close. My only thing is I paid a lot of money for my truck and less than a year later it sounds like it's falling apart.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Don't loosen the strikers, just give them a good whack with a punch and hammer. That worked wonders for me.
so you are just trying to bend them in a hair? my strikers have self centering bolts so it can't move..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

bpan

Reaction score
If you hit it hard enough they move in ever so slightly. But if you loosen the bolts and re tighten they will re center.

Latest posts