Anyone dumping their CCV atmosphere hose into the exhaust?

f100cleveland

Reaction score
Gonna do the CCV mod soon to my truck and was wondering if anyone is dumping it into the exhaust? I know on my old 7.3 I piped it into the exhaust but my 06 Cummins vented right to the atmosphere from the factory.

But, if there isn't really any blowby with these trucks, esp at idle, then I really don't care if it just dumps under the truck. The 7.3 had lots of blowby at idle, so thats why I put it in the exhaust.

Where is the best place to get the CCV kit? I see them on ebay for about $100. Thanks

sootie

Reaction score
6.7 is the worst engine yet for blow by. My advice would be to leave the factory Ccv box and get the billet fitting from h&s to adapt to 3/4" hose then run it to the exhaust. I assume you know about venturi...

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Sootie, thanks for that recommendation. I will be sure to do this to my 6.7 if I still can, my CCV was already removed but no catch can system was ever installed :(

Great question, OP!

Last edited:

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
X2 what sootie said.

My ccv is routed to the exhaust which helps a ton with smell, but you can see how much blow by these things puff out because my exhaust always has a decent haze of steam coming from it.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
we will have a catch can and venturi complete by the end of the week i believe .

WHY NOT

Reaction score
we will have a catch can and venturi complete by the end of the week i believe .

Good, I have been waiting for this. Didn't want to buy any one else's kit because as soon as I did you would come out with one that worked better and looked nicer.

sootie

Reaction score
I will be getting gapless rings to compensate for this. I learned how to hate blow by on my six four

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Possibly a stupid question but on my Cummins there was a spot in the block I was able to use as a drain from my catch can. I had steel wool in the top for the vapors to condense on then the oil would drop to the bottom and go back into the motor. Is that not a possibility?

CATDiezel

Reaction score

A real venturi? Like an orifice plate or a necked down restriction with a tapped port at the 32* re-entry?!!

Finally!!
venturi_flow_meter_zpszpnahlpt.gif

Last edited:

Notneb

Reaction score
Possibly a stupid question but on my Cummins there was a spot in the block I was able to use as a drain from my catch can. I had steel wool in the top for the vapors to condense on then the oil would drop to the bottom and go back into the motor. Is that not a possibility?

Without tapping the pan I've yet to see a spot. I know the factory CCV just drains at the top of the engine. Stupid because it really bones you on doing that exact thing.

Curious to see just what Mike's managed to fab up, would be a GREAT comparison to the H&S Factory CCV box mod and No Limit CCV system in terms of haze out the pipe. Hopefully we can get a side by side comparison while Jomax and I are there this weekend!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.