Anyone ever done black chrome headlights???

neverkickn

Reaction score
I just separated a set of 02 clear super duty headlights for a projector retrofit and I am thinking about doing some but nightshade on the reflector for a black chrome look. Will it stick? Do I need to clear coat it if I do?

neverkickn

Reaction score
Did you do any prep other than a good clean with alchohol? How many coats did you do, and how long have you had it on?

If you could post or link a pic I would appreciate it.

sootie

Reaction score
i wanted to have the same thing done but didnt want the "dull" nightshade look. im curious as to how it will look as well.

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
To avoid the "dull" look you have to lay it on thick. Im pulling the lights apart the weekend so I'll get up close pics for y'all. I'd say it did 3 coats, don't remember though.

sootie

Reaction score
oops i misread-i was wondering if someone had sprayed it on the chrome portion not the reflector

sorry for the derail op

neverkickn

Reaction score
I thought that's what he's referring to.....maybe I'm wrong too lol

You're right. I was talking about the reflector bowl. I don't need it to reflect anymore because I am installing projectors. I was thinking about painting all the chrome under the lens including the shroud.

neverkickn

Reaction score
i wanted to have the same thing done but didnt want the "dull" nightshade look. im curious as to how it will look as well.

I kinda thought that the paint was translucent so the chrome would still shine underneath. Even if it looks kinda flat, I bet the lens would make it appear gloss.

I would definitely do this if I knew that it would adhere for the long haul. Still kinda worried that it won't stick and I dang sure don't want to have to separate the housings again to fix paint.

Latest posts

Members online