Anyone Ever Installed an Aftermarket Keyless Entry System?

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I don't care about auto start programs.. A, its a 5 speed... B, I'm not a pansy, it takes less than a minute to run out and start the damn thing. Plus I need to turn it to high idle anyway.

So, I haven't looked to see if it came factory under my dash yet, but how hard is it to buy an aftermarket keyless unlock/lock system online and install it to our trucks? Its just a lot easier to push the button on the fob rather than put the key in the door, unlock it and hop in and push the unlock button on the door...

zilla68

Reaction score
I just got done trouble shooting my door lock issue, and the biggest issue I saw was the relays that were wired in on the passenger side kick panel for the auto door locks, other than that, there wasn't much else to the wiring of the brain, the auto door locks looked to be the biggest pain.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I just got done trouble shooting my door lock issue, and the biggest issue I saw was the relays that were wired in on the passenger side kick panel for the auto door locks, other than that, there wasn't much else to the wiring of the brain, the auto door locks looked to be the biggest pain.

Yeah I figured it can't be too bad. Just looking for more advice like what kit did you use, any tips or "I should've done this" etc

zilla68

Reaction score
the only I should've I have is I should've used a better shop!

There isn't much to it, and I can probably pull the lower dash panel and give you a list of what is hooked into.
Mine is just a cheapie alarm, with light flash, wish I would have went with a better alarm set up, but couldn't afford it at the time.

I have an old school Alpine new in the box, that I should have used.

12stroker

Reaction score
I put a viper keyless entry on chevy company truck for my dads business. I installed the actuators and module it wasn't bad at all. Took me half the day I ordered the kit from crutchfield about 3 years ago and it still works.

12stroker

Reaction score
The only thing I would do different was not use rivits and just use bolts on the actuators. Because I had to go back and replace them.

12stroker

Reaction score
Yeah man it's not hard at all. Especially since you already have power locks. It will be easy but yeah we tried the ones they sell at oreilly and they were nothing but junk. That's why we went with a viper

SPEEDDEMON31176

Reaction score
You will need two 4 pin relays for your install as the outputs on the remote entry is not rated for the amp draw that is required for the lock actuators.

OBS F350

Reaction score
I wish I would have put keyless entry in my OBS, damn key hole always got frozen shut lol and I don't smoke so I never had a lighter handy.

zilla68

Reaction score
You will need two 4 pin relays for your install as the outputs on the remote entry is not rated for the amp draw that is required for the lock actuators.

yep, mine was installed on the passenger side and when my locks quit working I finally traced it down to the pocket on the passenger side where the installed had shoved them, took me forever to figure that out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.