Anyone interested in a DYI Billet 66mm OBS-E99 Kit

NRHX2009

Reaction score
I do think i could, but in my honest opinion I dont think it will last forever over 500.

I do a lot internally to try to make these last, so far none have come apart but there is only about 6 complete turbos and maybe 5 diy kits on the road, not including my personal truck running one.

The main key is boost/back pressure ratio. Keep it decent, dont bark it all day long, it should last.

JD3020

Reaction score
250/200s not de-tuned will need more then a 66mm to keep back pressures in check without being gated

It needs more on the turbine side, but un-gated it wouldn't be too happy. I'm just thinking for a workstock puller, as most brush pulls let you get away with a "stock-appearing" charger.

NRHX2009

Reaction score
There are instructions on how to do the 360 thrust install nothing else.

If you do run into any problems or questions, feel free to call me, I can walk you through it.

-- James 717-919-7423

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Just a little update. Ran mine today at mpd's event. Overall very pleased except for the knuckle head running the dyno. It pulled down 478/843 and he wasn't even getting it lit until late in the rpm's. Still lots of them left, but j knew that going in as it was on the race tune from Gearhead. Congrats man very happy with mine, and it will tide me over for sure until the 468 makes its appearance......

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
definitely a sweet looking product based on the ones I have in stock. need to put em in action to see the results!
I'll send you some e99's soon!

EASH

Reaction score
Well I finally got my truck back together and thought I'd give my opinion on the DIY kit for the van turbo . My truck has the mods listed in my sig. with the addition of an kit Efuel. This kit compared to stock is night and day difference . I went from surging on every shift and WOT was out of the question on the hot tune, to no surging at all , spool up is great ,seat of the pants feel is awesome.And the only down side I see is my stock trans is hating life. Great product and great customer service.

Got Smoke?

Reaction score
Ok I hot shot with my truck and am planning on doing a set of Stage 1 injectors & a SD IC after the first of the year.

Which would be better for my everyday work truck that tow's a 43' car trailer (always below 26,000 lbs gross) this DIY D66/1.0 AR, Stage 1's, IC, & custom chip. Or a WW II/1.0AR, Stage 1's, IC, & custom chip?

Thanks!

NRHX2009

Reaction score
Personally, I would stick with a billet wheeled stock turbo, dropping down to a 1.00 shouldn't hurt to much with stage 1's. Most times I like to keep the 1.15 on anything over stock injectors to keep backpressure under control.

Reaction score
OBS EXH HOUSING DIFFERENCES?

First, let me say I'm excited by all of the improved tech for our stock turbos.
Great work. I think this makes the 66mm upgrade more drivable.
I recently added a WW2 to my stock OBS turbo with a 1.0 exh housing and it made a lot of difference.
HERE'S MY QUESTION:
I know it has been proven that there are some OBS turbos that have a larger diameter for the turbine wheel. There have been folks that have purchased a 1.0 housing and it wouln't fit over the turbine wheel. This was beat around for a while then proven and finally explained. I didn't think more about it until now. THE QUESTION IS: do these turbos have anything different that could be a performance advantage? Is the tubine wheel a larger OD? Different exducer? Anything that could be played into an upgrade of the exhaust side?
I understand a Van tubine is bigger than a SD turbine, any way to get that into an OBS turbo?

Reaction score
There was a long discussion, proven out with photos and measurements that there are some OBS turbos that need a larger "hole" in the center of the exhaust snail. What was not proven was if this was because the turbine was larger, or or just the pilot to locate the housing. I recall there was 2 or 3 mm difference in the ID up in the area where the smaller end of the turbine wheel fits (exducer?) It was a ways back, but i could look for the thread. Problem is it could be on 3 forums! Can't rememeber. Title was 1.0 housing doesn't fit.
Circling back, if the larger one was actually a larger turbine, could it be a performace helper too?

Reaction score
James, Found the old thread where this came up. Seemed like real info. The OP did have a real problem, and another had measurements from the past. Anyway to research if this is real?

url="http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f29/1-0-turbo-housing-doesnt-fit-292153/"]1.0 Turbo housing doesn't fit - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com[/url]

Slimline

Reaction score
This thread has me sold, my turbo doesn't like the 44 psi it sees now on my 180/80's. I have my intercooler and efuel ready to go, hpop I have saved for, now just the turbo remains. Can I get a pm on the full rebuild for an obs? I'm in Ontario Canada too.

rob

Latest posts

Members online