Anyone plasti dip there rims clear?

chappy

Reaction score
Just Was thiking that it might protect from rock chips and such plus maybe I could run them in the winter without fear of salt damage and still look good. Was thinking of doing it to the fuels.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I have a buddy that powdercoated his wheels clear. They are polished aluminum and it withstands road racing and auto-X.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Are you sure they make a clear version of the spray can stuff? When I was at home depot all they had a spot for was black.

Wojo

Reaction score
I have also seen videos of people peeling blue off there wheels

bad12jr

Reaction score
I'm going to powdercoat mine clear this spring. Should protect them awesomely I think.

ParkerFly

Reaction score
Plasti dip has a glossifier now that makes the matte a gloss. I'd be curious how it works. I'd love to be able to polish my wheels, coat them with something and not have to worry about polishing them anymore. Just wash them and there's the shine. Polishing sucks.

NotStock

Reaction score
If you have your wheels powdercoated clear, make sure the shop thats doing it knows what their doing. Clear over top of a zinc or polished surface can show up yellowish or get spider webbing in it if baked too long, too hot, or brought up to temperature incorrectly. If they screw it up, stripping and refinishing is gonna be a royal PITA. I have had shocks done and this is always a concern.

eastern

Reaction score
Plasti dip has a glossifier now that makes the matte a gloss. I'd be curious how it works. I'd love to be able to polish my wheels, coat them with something and not have to worry about polishing them anymore. Just wash them and there's the shine. Polishing sucks.

I thought the same thing I have 22.5 american force rims and it seems polishing never ends. I might try to coat them while I have them off the truck for the winter.

Latest posts

Members online