Anyone recognize this OTHER noise?

TripleE44

Reaction score
My dad's trucks making a strange noise while the engine is running. Anyone got an idea what this is or does anyone else's truck make a similar noise?

After the truck has sat and cooled off for a little bit, it will run for a little bit without making the noise, then it comes back after its warm.

Truck is tuned and deleted, with the EGR unplugged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCH1QfruT0U

BlueOx

Reaction score
My dad's trucks making a strange noise while the engine is running. Anyone got an idea what this is or does anyone else's truck make a similar noise?

After the truck has sat and cooled off for a little bit, it will run for a little bit without making the noise, then it comes back after its warm.

Truck is tuned and deleted, with the EGR unplugged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCH1QfruT0U

Sounds like the sound on a similar video that was posted on here. I believe the problem was the waste gate solenoid.

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

TripleE44

Reaction score
Sounds like the sound on a similar video that was posted on here. I believe the problem was the waste gate solenoid.

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

Its a different pitched noise than that one though. My truck makes that particular sound, and has for a long time, but its lower pitched and only happens when the truck is just shut off. I guess it could be the same thing, just in a different stage maybe...

TripleE44

Reaction score
Turns out it was that same thing. My dad ended up feeling around and could feel it buzzing, so took it out, went up to the dealer and got a new one.

Weird thing is my truck makes the noise after I shut it off, but not that one while its running.

It seemed to fix both noises on his.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I think he said it was like $95 or something. I'm sure one of the online dealer places would be cheaper.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Yep lower pitched buzzing is vacuum pump(press brake when it starts and itl go away)
High pitched is wastegate solenoid which hopefully mine wont be need replacing lol

Latest posts

Members online