Anyone running 2-stroke oil in the fuel on a 6.7?

1stock13

Reaction score
Anyone running 2 stroke oil? ULSD around here has a cetane level around 40 usually. I'm already on stanadyne, good idea or bad idea? or just plane overkill?

T_W6.7

Reaction score
I know my 6.4 didn't like 2 stroke oil at all, according to IDS it made a few injectors almost borderline bad when it was in the fuel. Stopped running it and no problems at all. I would suggest if you're already running the performance formula stanadyne you could put in some of the lubricity additive stanadyne makes.

Tim1216

Reaction score
I use archoil in mine. I put ar9100 in my oil every change and ar6200 in my tank at every fill up (mixed with opti-lube xpd for anti gel)

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Codydiesel

Reaction score
Ran that tcw3 two stroke oil that everyone swears by in one tank of fuel, never again will I do that mileage dropped a lot, truck ran and idled horribly made it feel like I had a rotating miss. Took a few bottles of the ford additive to clean it out and make the truck run right again.

Notneb

Reaction score
At what psi are these injectors operating at? Just thinking that 2 stroke oil and super high injection pressures = not a good idea? I mean just run a light biodiesel mix if you're really worried about lubricity.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I know my 6.4 didn't like 2 stroke oil at all, according to IDS it made a few injectors almost borderline bad when it was in the fuel. Stopped running it and no problems at all. I would suggest if you're already running the performance formula stanadyne you could put in some of the lubricity additive stanadyne makes.

I can attest to the performance and availability of Power Service silver in 6.4's. There may be better stuff out there, but for being able to get it anywhere and it having a positive effect on 6.4 fuel systems with zero negative effect, it's my go-to

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
7.3's and 6.0's are where I stopped experimenting with additives that weren't specifically designed for our fuel systems.. I swapped over to optilube because I don't feel like replacing two injection pumps and a set of incredibly expensive injectors due to a science experiment gone bad.

78f100

Reaction score
We sell the motorcraft additive, and I use it often. Everyone we have sold it to really likes it. I would be cautious of anything not intended for a diesel fuel system in a common rail.

Reaction score
We have arch oil in stock as well.

Thick fuel can cause major damage on fuel system. Ever seen 6.0 spool valve blown off the top of the body?? Its from gelling fuel has no place to go and pressure form spool valve tries to move it just isn't happening kinda like a dropped valve in a combustion chamber.... no good .

FarmWithAFord

Reaction score
I run the Diesel Power Services silver in the summer and white in the winter in my 6.0 and I can say that it performs well. I use it at every fill up.

Pstroke14

Reaction score
Can't tell you how many injectors I've changed out of electronically controlled Diesel engines because people got the old school mantality of adding oil in to the fuel system ! Only time I suggest is a old mechainical injected diesel, I run ATF in my Cummins big IV and ran it in my old Idi's, a lot of old times stile wanna fill the fuel filter half fuel of ATF at service time , this is no good on electronically controlled injection ,I've seen it trash injectors, there's a ton of additives out there ,drives i don't want to order In additives to add to the fleet I work for or my personal equipment , all our 6.7 at work get the ford additive ,we have 36 f550 and f250 I'm service ,some close to 200k -we have had one cp failure and it was covered , we do are fuel filters every other service , we run 5k intervals or less cause my guys idle the hell outta them

Inline6359

Reaction score
Can't tell you how many injectors I've changed out of electronically controlled Diesel engines because people got the old school mantality of adding oil in to the fuel system ! Only time I suggest is a old mechainical injected diesel, I run ATF in my Cummins big IV and ran it in my old Idi's, a lot of old times stile wanna fill the fuel filter half fuel of ATF at service time , this is no good on electronically controlled injection ,I've seen it trash injectors, there's a ton of additives out there ,drives i don't want to order In additives to add to the fleet I work for or my personal equipment , all our 6.7 at work get the ford additive ,we have 36 f550 and f250 I'm service ,some close to 200k -we have had one cp failure and it was covered , we do are fuel filters every other service , we run 5k intervals or less cause my guys idle the hell outta them

True the old mechanical engines loved, I wouldn't run 2 stroke oil in anything 03 and newer. But I also wouldn't be putting atf in any diesel anymore. From what I understand the new atf dosent like being burned and actually hurts atmozation and effiency.

Latest posts

Members online