Anyone running a dynatrac free spin kit?

bad12jr

Reaction score
My 02 has a free spin kit from dynatrac. The right side had a vibration. The bearings were shot. I replaced them and the races. The inner race was loose. I put the new one in which seems tighter but not tight. Put it all together and it is tighter but still has play. Is anyone else's like this or the hub mismachined. I'm going to call them Monday.

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

ACFarmer

Reaction score
For some reason I think the last owner told me that he had to replace the bearings on that side before I bought it as well.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Yea found out it is a ballistic kit. And they are aluminum hubs. He evidently didn't know how to pack a hub it was pretty well dry. Other then that haven't had any major problems.

Viking

Reaction score
Is this the black truck AC was sold?

I wish I hadn't bought mine and just came to the forums to find my truck.....:doh:

NotStock

Reaction score
If it heated up and spun a race, you will need a new hub. That should certainly be a press fit part and fit snugly. Typically its a good idea to use RaceLoc or other similar product aswell. If the hub needs replaced, it can be purchased individually. We developed that kit in conjunction with Ballisitic.

bad12jr

Reaction score
It did spin and eat the hub. I have since replaced it ate it perfect enough it appeared to be a machine groove not from the race.

And yes its the black truck. It has everything trim and all I want. Just wish it was a crew cab.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Ill look into the raceloc as I'm gonna have to redo the driver side bearings or replace that hub as soon as the crazy weather quits. It still feels good and tight.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Thanks will do and you got a pm.

Latest posts

Members online