Anyone Running Barder 2.6?

03cody

Reaction score
Is anyone running barders 2.6? I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on it.

Im running 185/75s from elite and Im looking for a turbo that will still let me tow 10-12 k at the most.

Ive also been looking at his stage 2.5 and even kc's stage 2.

I'm so indecisive lol.

swinky

Reaction score
Is anyone running barders 2.6? I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on it.

Im running 185/75s from elite and Im looking for a turbo that will still let me tow 10-12 k at the most.

Ive also been looking at his stage 2.5 and even kc's stage 2.

I'm so indecisive lol.
Just call James. He's been doing this longer than damn near anybody. He's great to talk to and will get you setup.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

03cody

Reaction score
I have talked to him. He said he doesn't have many of them out there yet so he was kinda unsure about its performance. I'm sure any product from him would be top notch but I'm just kinda scared that since it is fairly big it will be kind of laggy like a 68 and I don't really want that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kwelch08

Reaction score
Charlie at kc I think has a 2.5 that will tow. Email him and ask about it he is very informative and responds quickly. He never got short with me, and I asked a million questions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

03cody

Reaction score
Charlie at kc I think has a 2.5 that will tow. Email him and ask about it he is very informative and responds quickly. He never got short with me, and I asked a million questions.

Already on it lol. Yea I feel bad asking a ton of questions but both he and james have been a ton of help so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwelch08

Reaction score
Yeah I did too, but he never seemed bothered and always said he was glad to help me. Hopefully if everything goes right my truck will be done next week with one of his turbos under the hood

03cody

Reaction score
I did a lot of looking around and since I'm kind of on a budget I ended up talking to KC turbos and decided to try out their stage 2....I'm excited to try it out.

I appreciate the input from you guys

Thanks

kwelch08

Reaction score
I believe mime was ordered yesterday. Hopefully I'll have my truck by this weekend. Everyone I've talked to who has one loves them.

pushbroom

Reaction score
I run a kc stage 2 and rcd 175/75. Setup has been great for me. Never towed crazy heavy but tows flatdecks fine. Most Ive seen is 950egt so far.

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
We have our employee Alex's excursion in getting some studs along with MFI-190 75 injectors and a barter 2.6 now. Well see how it all makes out with some dyno time when we can get it on the rollers.

Chatham036

Reaction score
I have personally run a handful of turbos from KC Turbo.

Top notch guy to deal with and the turbos have exceeded our expectation each time.

190/30 Holder Injectors with the KC 68 gets my vote.

03cody

Reaction score
We have our employee Alex's excursion in getting some studs along with MFI-190 75 injectors and a barter 2.6 now. Well see how it all makes out with some dyno time when we can get it on the rollers.

I'd be interested in hearing how that turns out.

Adam A.

Reaction score
I was the first to have Barder's 2.6 after talking with James. I installed it in March (iirc) on my Excursion. Unfortunately, life quickly got hectic and I haven't been able to do any real testing. I have Elite 205's and am at altitude which probably isn't the ideal set up but it's fun. I need to get the tuning dialed in a little because it's still smokey. Wish I could try it with some 50% nozzles or 190/30 injectors.
I'm also interested in hearing how **********'s testing goes.

Merc82

Reaction score
Personally I am interested on how well this turbo pairs with 190/30's vs a 68 VGT.

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
So we got everything installed last week and have been road tuning for the last little bit. Making sure something wasn't forgotten when everything was apart. Haven't had time to get it on the dyno to get any numbers. So far I can say spool up is awesome. it has a very quick spool and very minumal lag. We should have some numbers within the next couple of weeks.

Adam A what size nozzles do you have on 205's?

Adam A.

Reaction score
I'm not sure. I bought them used a few years ago from Chris (not sure of his last name but smokinstroker on here). They're at least 85 or 100%. Rocky Horn mentioned trying your tunes since they've had good luck with them.

03cody

Reaction score
So we got everything installed last week and have been road tuning for the last little bit. Making sure something wasn't forgotten when everything was apart. Haven't had time to get it on the dyno to get any numbers. So far I can say spool up is awesome. it has a very quick spool and very minumal lag. We should have some numbers within the next couple of weeks.

Adam A what size nozzles do you have on 205's?

Thats awesome. You should def post up some vid's of the truck so we can see how it acts with that turba.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.